Solved! Suggestion between Dell Vostro 3500 & Studi 15 Laptops

manja_friends

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2010
Dear Experts :hello: ,

I need to use applications which demands high cpu power but due to budget constraint i have choosed to pick one of the these two :( :pfff:

After long hours of search, i have narrowed down my choice between Dell Vostro 3500 and Dell Studio 15(Featured laptop).

Both configurations have slight different and are as below

1. Intel® Core™ i3-370M Processor (2.4GHz, Dual Core, 4T, 3MB L3)
2. 15.6” (1366 x 768) Wide LED (720p for Stuido and High Definition for Vostro)
3. 3GB (1X2G+1X1G) DDR3-1066MHz SDRAM, 2 DIMM
4. 320GB Hard Drive, 7200 RPM
5. 8X DVD+/-RW Drive
6. Intel® Integrated Graphics Media Accelerator HD
7. 6-cell Lithium Ion Primary Battery (1 Year Warranty)
8. 65W 3Pin Power Adapter for India
9. Dell Wireless Network Card 802.11 b/g/n
10. Dell Wireless 365 Bluetooth Module
11. LCD Back Cover Wireless LAN
12. Genuine Windows(R) 7 Home Basic 32bit (English)

I read reviews for both laptops.,
Some say vostro is sturdy and is good performance.
Some say Studio 15 is good performance
Some say Studio 15's fan makes noise when overheated but Vostro fan starts up at 7-8mins and the fan is noisy and never goes down even when CPU process is idle... :eek:
Apart from noisy fan, Vostro is very good.
One guy also said after updating BIOS the noise of fan came down a little, but the noise still remains.

Could you please help me to decide which one to buy.
Also please suggest me is it ok to buy Operating System along with this or shall i take just with DOS and i use my own OS after partitioning the hard disk according to my needs?

Please give your valuable advice for my above questions. :cry:

Thanks in advance and i am really eagerly waiting for your help.

Sincerely,
Manjunath

Solution
Personally, I would get the Vostro. I like the way they look compared to the Studio laptops, plus the aluminum chassis on the Vostro will help with durability and longevity. Additionally, the Vostro line is part of the business class of laptops and computers and generally get better support than the home class laptops do.

Get it whichever way you prefer. Dell should include the installation disks for Windows 7, so if it has too much bloatware then you can just re-install the OS and whichever features you want. Since it's already bundled with the system, it may be cheaper this way.
Personally, I would get the Vostro. I like the way they look compared to the Studio laptops, plus the aluminum chassis on the Vostro will help with durability and longevity. Additionally, the Vostro line is part of the business class of laptops and computers and generally get better support than the home class laptops do.

Get it whichever way you prefer. Dell should include the installation disks for Windows 7, so if it has too much bloatware then you can just re-install the OS and whichever features you want. Since it's already bundled with the system, it may be cheaper this way.

Solution