Suggestions for better Internet security with Ableton Live seeing to run optimally antivirus should be turned off.

Koluskomtu

Estimable
Jan 2, 2015
So, I got hacked. I did an overhaul this past week to my i5 Lynnfield after being completely shutdown from a viral worm type of attack. Since then, I restored to a previous version seeing the virus would re-install itself regardless if spybot removed it in Windows 10.

What I did to upgrade my security and increase performance was to install an SSD as a boot drive, upgrade to Windows 10 Pro. I am currently encrypting my storage and cache drive with bitlocker.
Previously, my system was a dual boot Windows 7 home and Windows 10 home 7200rpm and SSHD drives respectively. Now my system is SSD boot with VSTs, Ableton live, an SSHD on SATA3 for library access to sounds for ableton and a third 7200 rpm drive for live recordings cache as a big 1TB temp drive and live set folder to help in the conversion from temp files to consolidating into a live set.

After research in antiviral, which I do not want to run if I am running Ableton Live, I am seeing bit defender, Kasperkey and Sophos seem good canidates. That being said in order to optimally run Ableton I need to shut off anti-virus. hmm.... what to do. and Networking..... So, I'm fielding the forum for a solution that will provide me piece of mind. Any suggestion?

Koluskomtu

Estimable
Jan 2, 2015
I was thinking of a solution of using Hyper-V since I upgraded to Windows 10 pro to use a Linux distro when I surf the internet and lock down any internet communication going through the main OS (Windows 10 ). Perhaps, installing a bitdefender, kasperkey or Sophos to search for Malware and viruses every so often as a strategy.

Any files I receive would have to go through an encrypted virtual machine, and channeled through a shared folder to windows.

I also though about getting a smart card reader for Windows logon but.. find that may be easier to over-ride.

Any thoughts on encrypting the boot drive. I'm hesitating because I want Ableton to be optimal and it may slow it down.