Sumo Wrestlers Find the iPad 'Finger-compatible'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Usersname

Distinguished
May 10, 2010
[citation][nom]TommySch[/nom]You can replace the term sumo wrestler by 1/3 of the American population. Now I see why they sold so many iMagical devices![/citation]
Then there's the other 1/3 who simply confuse the iPad with food.

mavroxur

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2009
[citation][nom]TommySch[/nom]You can replace the term sumo wrestler by 1/3 of the American population. Now I see why they sold so many iMagical devices![/citation]

[citation][nom]usersname[/nom]Then there's the other 1/3 who simply confuse the iPad with food.[/citation]

And then there's you two idiots who generalize an entire country.

Silmarunya

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
[citation][nom]mavroxur[/nom]And then there's you two idiots who generalize an entire country.[/citation]

It may be a generalization, but you can't deny that no other western nation has such a rampant obesity epedemic as the US.

tolham

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2009
[citation][nom]mavroxur[/nom]And then there's you two idiots who generalize an entire country.[/citation]
actually Tommysch is accurate.

"Estimates of the number of obese American adults have been steadily expanding, from 19.4% in 1997, 24.5% in 2004[3] to 26.6% in 2007.[4]"

26.6% of american adults were obese in 2007. this is 2010. that number is probably at or near 30% at this point.

nforce4max

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2009

Walk into Walmart and you will see first hand that you are wrong. :s
I hate going to the store because of this when all it takes is one fat ### to block the isle.

apocalypseap

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2009
Wait wait wait.. since when was 1/3 of a country an entire country?

lamorpa

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2008
Is there a 'stupid' filter for articles on Tom's guide, or do I just have to figure out how to block '[iPhone|iPod] [used to|grandmother|first time|911|saves]?

restatement3dofted

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2010
[citation][nom]usersname[/nom]Then there's the other 1/3 who simply confuse the iPad with food.[/citation]

My day was off to a rather mediocre start, until I read your post. My mood is now much improved. Thank you!

SlickyFats

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2009
I have large hands. I have no problems texting on a normal phone, but I also find it easy to text on the iPad when in landscape mode with just my thumbs. Its super comfortable to do it in portrait mode though.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
[citation][nom]tolham[/nom]actually Tommysch is accurate."Estimates of the number of obese American adults have been steadily expanding, from 19.4% in 1997, 24.5% in 2004[3] to 26.6% in 2007.[4]"26.6% of american adults were obese in 2007. this is 2010. that number is probably at or near 30% at this point.[/citation]
I'm going to assume that your info is from wikipedia, but in the future please cite your source(s). This helps to prevent BS from being posted as fact.

johnny_5

Distinguished
May 20, 2009
The thought of a sumo wrestler sending a fax amuses me. I can picture him threatening the machine with a few sumo stomps when it's not working, and when it still isn't working full-on charging it and knocking it through the wall. Then someone else walks by and they're like 'Damnit Suzuki, again?'

mlopinto2k1

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
Maybe you guys are being a bit harsh? Completely off topic. If you think the US is overweight, instead of sitting on your ass complaining about it, maybe try and help spread the word? Try and help! I live in the US. I find it offensive even though it's true. Just my two cents.

pc574

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2010

The problem with this statement is by what the powers that be call "Obese." Technically i am Obese by the government standards. For my height and size, I am supposed to be 156 lbs to be in good shape. At 190 lbs I am said to be obese. In high school while wrestling, I was 157 lbs with 3% body fat. For me to be in "good shape" according to the studies that say 30% of america is fat, I need to reduce myself to under 3% body fat. This very unhealthy for anyone. Athletes get cut off from sports at this lvl of conditioning. I am 5'11", have a 32 inch waist and weigh around 200 depending on he day. You cannot grab anywhere near a handful of fat from my beer belly yet I too am obese.

G

"Maybe you guys are being a bit harsh? Completely off topic. If you think the US is overweight, instead of sitting on your ass complaining about it, maybe try and help spread the word? Try and help! I live in the US. I find it offensive even though it's true. Just my two cents."

You can't "spread the word" because you end up getting sued for "mental anguish and suffering" if you tell someone they're too fat.

chickenhoagie

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2010
hey, its cool, my body fat percentage is below 15% and i'll still find either device enterainable. oh, and I live in america, and proud to see im a lean citizen, and work pretty hard to keep it that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.