''Super Mario Galaxy 2,'' ''Metroid: Other M'' Dated

Status
Not open for further replies.

LePhuronn

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2007
I'm sorry but the words "hardcore", "gamer" and "Wii" really don't belong in the same sentence.

However cool Mario Galaxy is, it's still something I only pick up and play occasionally - nothing hardcore about being only half-way through after a year of ownership!

Harby

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2008
[citation][nom]LePhuronn[/nom]I'm sorry but the words "hardcore", "gamer" and "Wii" really don't belong in the same sentence.However cool Mario Galaxy is, it's still something I only pick up and play occasionally - nothing hardcore about being only half-way through after a year of ownership![/citation]

You have the definition of hardcore messed up.

LePhuronn

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2007
[citation][nom]Harby[/nom]You have the definition of hardcore messed up.[/citation]

No, I don't think so. I don't know of any Wii game that has either a) required sufficient levels of gaming prowess or dedication to be considered a "hardcore" title or b) has garnered an intensely loyal following to be considered having "hardcore" fans.

I don't know of anybody who obsesses over Mario Galaxy to the same levels as Mario 64 or Super Mario World, same can be said for Zelda.

Now if the phrasing was "hardcore Nintendo gamers" then yes I'd entirely concur, but the Wii, no matter how you split hairs or define "hardcore", is not, nor was it intended to be, a "hardcore" gaming platform.

zak_mckraken

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2004
"Metroid: Other M – the unlikely collaboration between Nintendo and Team Ninja – will be released in North America on June 27."

Only good can come out of this. I think I will borrow my parents' Wii (wow, never thought I would one day say that) to play this one.

azcoyote

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2008
Well Super Mario Galaxy was actually a GREAT game.
I will definitely get the sequel.

As to it being hard core? Umm... It's a Wii.
Casual gaming at it's best.

masterasia

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2009
Can't wait for Mario Galaxy 2 to come out. It looks better
than the first one. The first one was an awesome game, it'd give it a 10/10. It was one of the games that I actually played through and collected everything. I haven't done that with a game since Donkey Kong Country. Usually with today's games, I don't have the time or patience to play the game thoroughly any more. Mario Galaxy brought back childhood memories about what gaming was like when I was a kid.

Remember when Super Mario 3 first came out and playing that for the first time? It was a revolutionary concept and style of play. Mario Galaxy made me feel like that when I first played it. It was so addicting.....I almost missed my father's funeral.

matt_b

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2009
[citation][nom]sliem[/nom]1:34I didn't know Mario is a well trained ninja.[/citation]
That's been a part of the franchise since 1996's Mario 64 on the N64....

Square_Head

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2006
Mario Galaxy sucked 2 weeks from my life. I haven't had that much fun playing a Nintendo game since the days of Mario 64 (which really sucks now that I look back on it). Mario Galaxy was beautiful, well thought out and difficult enough to be enjoyable. The Luigi factor was also a nice touch. Luigi really made the game even more difficult. Well played Nintendo.

Status
Not open for further replies.