Surface Pro 3 or Pro 4?

willdew

Estimable
Apr 29, 2014
Hi everybody!
I am going to buy a surface for high school/college. I can get the surface pro 3 i5 4gb for 960$ here in Denmark and the surface pro 4 i5 4gb for 1370$.

i am tilting towards the pro 3 as i don't know if the pro 4 is worth the extra 400$, and i'm a little low on money right now ^^. Is there any killer features i am missing by buying the 3 or should i go for it?

Thanks in advance.

Solution
The Pro 4 has a newer CPU, better cooling and a better screen (PixelTouch is what they call it). It is not insanely better but it is slightly better.

willdew

Estimable
Apr 29, 2014
Thanks for the answers, I have heard that the battery life and cooling is quite bad in the pro 3, but i will mostly be using it for notetaking, lightroom and other light programs, so i dont think that the pro 4 will be worth the extra money. One last option could be the intel m3 version of the pro 4 which costs roughly the same as the surface pro 3. Between these two, what would be the best bet? ^^

JayceM

Estimable
Oct 9, 2015
The core m3 is fanless, so it won't make as much noise if that is a concern. The core m3 and 4gb of ram may not be able to run lightroom ultra smooth, but for note taking it is perfect.