Surface Pro 3 vs Surface Pro 4

TheRealDJDuckVenom

Commendable
Dec 10, 2016
Hi There,

I'm looking at a surface pro but I'm stuck on which one to get. I'm considering the Surface pro 3 i7 and the surface pro 4 i5, both of them have 8gb of RAM. Storage doesn't matter. Anyway I don't know which one is better for my needs. I do music production/ performances with 2 midi devices (Launchpad Pro & Launchpad MK2) with the software (Or DAW) Abelton Live 9. Can you guys please help me with my decision. I'm leaning towards the Surface Pro 4 just because it's newer and it looks nicer.

Solution
The 4 has slightly higher resolution and a slightly bigger screen, and comes with a stylus ($49 option on the 3). Be aware that the i7 Surface Pro 3 had a reputation for overheating. Some people have even suggested that the i5 is actually faster due to the i7 constantly throttling. I'd do some research on this issue before dropping the money for an i7 SP3.

TheRealDJDuckVenom

Commendable
Dec 10, 2016

No they are not. I'm getting them from Cex which is a second hand store in the UK. Here are the 2 that I'm looking at, Here is the pro 3 and Here is the pro 4

The 4 has slightly higher resolution and a slightly bigger screen, and comes with a stylus ($49 option on the 3). Be aware that the i7 Surface Pro 3 had a reputation for overheating. Some people have even suggested that the i5 is actually faster due to the i7 constantly throttling. I'd do some research on this issue before dropping the money for an i7 SP3.

Solution

sizzling

Distinguished

Yeah I am UK based too, I know of CEX, bought cheap Xbox games from them. To be honest Id be very sceptical of buying this type of device second hand, Id want a really good warranty. My biggest concern is these devices have fixed batteries with a finite life and not knowing how 'used' it is you don't know if it will last 3 years or 3 months.