surface rt or surface pro?

museprime

Honorable
Mar 27, 2013
I purchased a surface rt during the black friday sale. I like it however I was thinking about trading it in for the surface pro (1st) since its the best of both worlds. And also I really like using a stylus since I am landscape architecture major.

And to justify the purchase I thought I would sell my HP beats laptop.

Can someone help me out with this question

Solution

IMHO, Pro wins. However here are some differences between the two:

RT = The Windows RT model has an ARM processor, and though it still has the classic desktop, it loses the ability to run legacy apps thus limited application usage. Lighter and thinner.

PRO = The Windows 8 Pro model has an Intel processor and runs the full desktop version of the OS thus similar to...

elmo2006

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2009

IMHO, Pro wins. However here are some differences between the two:

RT = The Windows RT model has an ARM processor, and though it still has the classic desktop, it loses the ability to run legacy apps thus limited application usage. Lighter and thinner.

PRO = The Windows 8 Pro model has an Intel processor and runs the full desktop version of the OS thus similar to ones home desktop. Heavier and thicker. True Windows 8 OS.

Hope this helps.

Solution

g-unit1111

Distinguished
Definitely agree with everything elmo said.

I tried the Surface RT and wasn't really in love with it in that it couldn't run x86 apps despite having the full Windows desktop and file structure. That said, I got a Dell Venue 8 Pro for Christmas and this thing rocks - it does everything that the Surface RT doesn't do.

museprime

Honorable
Mar 27, 2013

Awesome I went ahead and picked up a surface pro. Thanks for your help

elmo2006

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2009

Sweet! Have fun.