Jacob_75

Commendable
May 19, 2016
I just bought this:
Samsung HT-J555W Home Theater

And my motherboard is this:
H81M-P33

I've connected the receiver -> pc with 2x Phono -> 1 jack into my pc sound card.
Problem is i only got stereo. In tests and in 5.1 movies. It's only front and left which are working. When i test all speakers on my tv (connected to receiver with hdmi), all speakers are working.

I also tried with HDMI from my GPU -> receiver, but it didn't recognise any signal at all, and i know the HDMI cable delivers both audio and video (of course).

What can i do? My motherboard does not have optical output :/

Solution
If using the hdmi from your video card, you have to make sure that your PC has that selected as the default primary sound output.

Using the 3.5mm to phono, is stereo only, hence a red(right channel)/white(left channel) rca plugs.

Ruggo181

Commendable
Apr 17, 2016
If using the hdmi from your video card, you have to make sure that your PC has that selected as the default primary sound output.

Using the 3.5mm to phono, is stereo only, hence a red(right channel)/white(left channel) rca plugs.

Solution

Jacob_75

Commendable
May 19, 2016

I just discovered the hdmi on the receiver is output only.
Can i do a PC(jack) -> Converter -> Optical cable -> receiver = surround sound?

Ruggo181

Commendable
Apr 17, 2016
OK jacob, looking at the manual for your motherboard it says that it can output 5.1, even up to 7.1 using both rear and front audio jacks.
I'm just looking for instructions on how to do it. It looks like the 3 audio ports on the back are auto sensing, so you would allocate them to Front (L/R), Rear (L/R) and Centre/Sub in the realtek software.

I'm now on the hunt for a 5.1 analog to digital

Ruggo181

Commendable
Apr 17, 2016

Jacob_75

Commendable
May 19, 2016

Money is not a problem, and i don't like to use USB, i like internal modules more.
So I've looked at this one: Asus Xonar DX[/url

Looks pretty nice.
And it has both DTS and Digital Live connection (which I'm gonna need).

But thanks a lot for your help, couldn't have done it without you! I hope this works, or else I'm gonna buy a real receiver instead of a home theater

Ruggo181

Commendable
Apr 17, 2016

Pleasure helping and once you get that audio bug, lookout ;)