Surround sound not playing through my tv??

Clayts

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2010
Hello,
I have recently bought an Samsung series 5 Plasma tv and at this stage I am unable to watch tv with the sound from my surround sound, can anybody tell me if I can rectify this problem by connecting my dvd player to the tv via a HDMI Cable? Sorry if this sound stupid, but I am rather new to this? Any help will be appreciated!

lazyperson17

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2010
If your surround sound system has its own individual controller box, try figuring out which input it uses, and then running that cable by itself from the TV to the box. (they must be the same input/output type on both systems.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Streaming Video & TVs 0
ggg_123 Streaming Video & TVs 4
A Streaming Video & TVs 1
BiggameDave49 Streaming Video & TVs 2
J Streaming Video & TVs 1
R Streaming Video & TVs 1
T Streaming Video & TVs 1
I Streaming Video & TVs 1
C Streaming Video & TVs 2
S Streaming Video & TVs 7
J Streaming Video & TVs 4
M Streaming Video & TVs 2
D Streaming Video & TVs 2
G Streaming Video & TVs 1
M Streaming Video & TVs 1
N Streaming Video & TVs 9
M Streaming Video & TVs 1
W Streaming Video & TVs 1
Similar threads
Question Netflix not playing sound through surround sound
Question no surround sound with HDD and Samsung one connect box
Question Trouble connecting projector to receiver and connecting laptop to receiver to stream video and sound to 5.1 speaker surround system
Question Audio from usb hard drive to surround sound
Question Audio from streaming on Ruko tv to Surround sound not working
Question Getting surround sound from my streaming tv using my receiver, not working
I am unable to get my surround sound Dennon to work with my Samsung Smart TV while on Netflix. Can you help me?
My Samsung smart tv won't play through my LG lg427 surround sound... It plays only for DVD but not cable.What can I do to fix?
Only the front 2 speakers of my Sony Home Theatre play while I'm using another device.
My HDMI port is broke on my TV and I want to play movies off my laptop and connect to my surround sound as well best help plea
TV surround sound plays through Netflix
I have a Panasonic home theater sa-pt673 and a Panasonic 50 inch TV. Surround sound will work when playing DVD but won't work
I have tv, receiver, surround sound, DVD player and telus optic. When I play DVDs, my wireless head phones don't work and I do
TV sound not playing through reciever
My friend has a rlded4016a TV and a hcd-hdx466 dvd/cd surround sound.. what wire will let the TV play through the speakers?
Get my tv sound to play thru older jvc surround sound unit
chrome cast to play video on tv and play sound into my poineer surround sound
How to hook up my cable to play in surround sound?
How to play 5.1 surround sound with my system sets mentioned below.
Surround sound not playing through my tv??

ASK THE COMMUNITY