Surround Sound Not Working

Dec 3, 2018
My set up is: PS4, to HDMI splitter (which also has a Nintendo Switch that is not on), to a Vizio 5.1 channel sound system, to my Vizio TV. The 2 rear speakers don't work. The rear speakers are wired to the subwoofer, which is wirelessly connected to the sound bar. Is the HDMI splitter the reason that the 2 rear speakers don't work? I have changed all my settings to Bitstream on both the TV, and PS4, and the surround sound is on, in the Vizio app for the sound system, but it still doesn't work. Any ideas??

Jun 29, 2018
This may seem obvious And you poly did this but:
1)did you re-pair the sub to the bar? there is a pair button on the sub that is often overlooked.
2) the splitter- is it powered? I use a splitter that works w/o power but needs to be plugged in when connected to long HDMI cable.
3) are you using a splitter when you may need a switch? I have a 4-1 switch and a 1-2 splitter and mine only work one way.

I am very interested to know what the solution is because this is fixable

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Streaming Video & TVs 1
J Streaming Video & TVs 1
R Streaming Video & TVs 1
A Streaming Video & TVs 2
K Streaming Video & TVs 2
C Streaming Video & TVs 1
C Streaming Video & TVs 1
B Streaming Video & TVs 5
D Streaming Video & TVs 1
C Streaming Video & TVs 3
C Streaming Video & TVs 2
M Streaming Video & TVs 1
S Streaming Video & TVs 1
P Streaming Video & TVs 2
J Streaming Video & TVs 4
D Streaming Video & TVs 3
V Streaming Video & TVs 5
J Streaming Video & TVs 4
C Streaming Video & TVs 4
M Streaming Video & TVs 2
Similar threads
Question Audio from streaming on Ruko tv to Surround sound not working
Question Getting surround sound from my streaming tv using my receiver, not working
I am unable to get my surround sound Dennon to work with my Samsung Smart TV while on Netflix. Can you help me?
How can i get the Dolby surround sound on my TLC to work on my Sony surround sound
Solved! Can’t get surround sound working from smart tv
I have a surround sound with center speaker and 4 side speakers center speaker is the only one working
Trying to hook up my old Sony surround sound DVD player to my new samsung tv. I purchased an hdmi adapter. Sound works but pic
Old surround sound not working on Smart TV
Can't ge connected surround sound to work with laptop, despite both connected to TV
How come my rear and center speaker s aren't not working oo my blue ray surround sound by the way u do a great job
How to I get my fire stick to work with my projector and my surround sound?
I have an older technics surround sound that does not have hdmi ports.... only rca ports.... My dvr works with the surround so
surround sound system stopped working
I can't get my surround sound to work with the fire stick, the surround sound works with the cable, but I can't get it
How do I get my Sony surround sound back speakers to work
I have a Samsung smart t.v. with surround sound. Can I get bluetooth wireless headphones to work?
rear 5.1 surround sound speakers don't work
I have a Panasonic home theater sa-pt673 and a Panasonic 50 inch TV. Surround sound will work when playing DVD but won't work
I've tried everything I can think of to get my Sony DAV-Z140 surround sound system to work with my new Philips 5000 series 4K
I have tv, receiver, surround sound, DVD player and telus optic. When I play DVDs, my wireless head phones don't work and I do

ASK THE COMMUNITY