Surround sound system not making any sound!

Jun 16, 2018
Hi, I'm really bad at anything to do with technology so please go easy! I've got a Samsung Smart TV and a Sony S-master Digital Amplifier for surround sound, I've connected it through hdmi, I've tested the speakers and they are all connected right and working but no sound is coming from the TV, I know I'm missing something but not sure what, please help! Please reply in the simplest terms you can! Thank you!

To use HDMI-ARC to get sound from the TV back to the Sony they both have to support it. I suspect the Sony is to old to have it.
Your TV likely has an optical digital audio output. You will need a Toslink audio cable. Check the manual for the TV how to to turn it on and configure it in the TV menu. Select that input on the Sony.

To use HDMI-ARC to get sound from the TV back to the Sony they both have to support it. I suspect the Sony is to old to have it.
Your TV likely has an optical digital audio output. You will need a Toslink audio cable. Check the manual for the TV how to to turn it on and configure it in the TV menu. Select that input on the Sony.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Audio 4
M Audio 2
H Audio 2
J Audio 1
S Audio 1
S Audio 1
K Audio 10
N Audio 3
A Audio 4
C Audio 2
J Audio 3
A Audio 3
F Audio 3
H Audio 1
C Audio 1
J Audio 1
U Audio 4
Y Audio 3
J Audio 2
A Audio 1
Similar threads
Question Subwoofer on 2.1 speaker system not working(Logitech Z623) when connected via aux
Question How can I connect a hifi aux to a surround sound system?
Solved! how to i get my TCL Roku tv TCL Roku TV connection to Vizio surround sound system?
Audio needed to surround sound system from Epson Eb-x41 projector
Trying to connect old Sony surround sound system to new LG Smart TV.
I have received a lg dvd receiver LH-T550 With surround sound system but the dvd isn't reading discs,so how can I make use of
Surround sound system Optical to RCA?
PC Audio to RCA 5.1 Surround Sound System
How to connect surround system sound with MXQ Pro 4k box?
So I have the new Tw j5500 tower speakers with built in sub.. so took hook it up to a 7.1 surround system , for sound output
Can I hook a tv ps4 and home theatre system using using a 4 way HDMI splitter and still get audio from surround sound
I have a surround system on my Samsung tv. I plugged a fire tv into my tv, and only sound from the channel the tv is on came
I have a tcl smart tv and a new onkyo surround sound system I have hooked up with hdmi arc but I have no pictures on hdmi chan
Which surround sound system is better?
Vintage SACD compatible 5.1 surround sound system
How can I connect my honey bear film box to my Panasonic surround sound system??
Connecting android tv box to old home theatre system for surround sound
Trying to create a surround sound system using 2 different speaker systems
How do I play audio from Amazon Fire tv stick to Bose surround sound system?
I have AJVC surround sound system model TH - M606/TH - M603I wanted to know if I could hook up a rock ville equalizer to the s

ASK THE COMMUNITY