bradyboyy88

Honorable
Sep 7, 2012
Hi,
I am new to surround sound but I was going to help my girlfriends father set up a new surround sound system in his living room. He is getting a 65 inch samsung led tv (3d ready) so this would top it off. He currently has a 5.1 surround sound system(wired) which he purchased back in the day with a STR-DE845 receiver. He wants a wireless speaker set up but from what I have read it seems like its more popular to just have wireless rear speakers only ? I was hoping I could get some advice on a speaker setup with wireless rear as stated or wireless all and possibly tall side speakers to put next to tv I am not sure about any compatability problems I could run upon if I were to not buy a all in one kit incase all my requirements are met so any advice in that area would be nice. I literally have never messed with audio so I dont know if he needs an amp or another receiver for this so this setup so this will be a learning process.

They do not want to spend to much money for this so the best bang for the buck under 450 is probably more reasonable.

bradyboyy88

Honorable
Sep 7, 2012

Okay then 5.1 it is, but he is determined to get the wireless rear speakers. Any recommendations on that type of system. I am sure technology has to have improved since his sony system I mentioned above.

bradyboyy88

Honorable
Sep 7, 2012

ahh I forgot about that! Alright I need to re think this then. What is the cleanest solution if you cant go through the walls? Sorry for being vague but I literally have never messed with a home theater system before. Thanks

bradyboyy88

Honorable
Sep 7, 2012
Thanks legokill I appreciate the advice,now what about the receiver? Would it be best to just use those sony ones or get a new one? Also, I noticed those speakers are not hdmi, is that not a cabling used for speakers?