Sweden Recognizes File-sharing as Official Religion

Status
Not open for further replies.

oparadoxical_

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2010
Is this supposed to be a joke or something? CTRL+C and CTRL+V as religious symbols for a religion of coping information on a computer? I no longer want to live on this planet...

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
[citation][nom]oparadoxical_[/nom]Is this supposed to be a joke or something? CTRL+C and CTRL+V as religious symbols for a religion of coping information on a computer? I no longer want to live on this planet...[/citation]
so religion wasn't any less ridiculous until now?

Albyint

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2009
A lo', he strode forth to the mighty custom rig and upon its keyboard he did press CTRL+C then CTRL+V and then he saw that it was good......

The Internet is my shepherd; I shall not want. 2 He makes me to lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside the still waters. 3 He overclocks my cpu; He leads me in the paths of righteousness For His name's sake. 4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death (dodgy sites), I will fear no viruses; For You are with me; Your keyboard and Your mouse, they comfort me. 5 You prepare a flat screen before me in the presence of my enemies; You anoint my head with liquid nitrogen; My cup runs over (but not as to short out the graphics card). 6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me All the days of my life; And I will dwell in the house of the Internet Forever.

drwho1

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2010
"For the Church of Kopimism, information is holy and copying is a sacrament," the organization said in a recent statement. "Information holds a value, in itself and in what it contains, and the value multiplies through copying. Therefore, copying is central for the organisation and its members."

AMEN.
LOL
this is funny, I like to know what MS and every other major software/media maker think about this "religion".

cmcghee358

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
Im sure we all understand that file sharing sites will always have a location in Sweden that way the information they illegally distribute will be protected by their religion.

liquidchild

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2010
"Religious beliefs do not exempt you from the law." It does too. Churches don't pay taxes. As long as its not hurting a human they can do it. Piracy is all about money. If its my religion i should be exempt from paying for it. LULZ

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]goatsetung[/nom]Religious beliefs do not exempt you from the law."It is my belief that I'm allowed to rob that bank" will not hold up in court. Remember the pirate bay guys were found guilty (which is why the servers moved).[/citation]

they werent a religion at the time.

agnickolov

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2006
[citation][nom]qefx[/nom]I wonder if there's going to be an Apple in their garden of eden?[/citation]
If there were, the holy symbols would be Command+C and Command+V instead of Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V since the latter won't amount to the holy act of copying (which is really annoying when I have to work on a Mac BTW...) Perhaps they can call those the unholy symbols?

JOSHSKORN

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
Watch, there will eventually be a church of RIAA, Warner Bros. and a few others and we'll end up with religious wars. Suddenly, this new "religion" won't be so cool again.

anonymous32111

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2010
Honestly.. as hilarious as it is, its kinda true. Information should be treated with more respect but instead i see censorship and patent wars.

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
Hang on, let me check my calendar.
Nope, not April 1st yet...

Even the Scientologists must crack aa smile about this one :)

woshitudou

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2006
This is a biased PC keyboard religion. If one day there is Mac software worth copying then I demand they write a new testament to include command-C and command-V!

Status
Not open for further replies.