Switched from win10 to 7, unable to get drivers from dell

Lindenbrock

Prominent
Jun 4, 2017
My laptop (dell latitude e6420) had win 10 on it (pretty sure i bought it that way), and windows defender was using 30+% of my cpu even though everything was disabled. Didnt care to mess with it because i hate 10, so i installed 7. Now i cant get any drivers from dell because the only option is to DL their driver checker which decides what drivers your pc needs. Thatd be great if my laptop could connect to the internet. I was able to find a way to DL the files as an iso, but the iso didnt work and now im unable to find that option again. I tried 2 different ethernet cables in multiple ports on my router and modem and it never got a connection. I even tried toggling my devices wifi on/off switch multiple times during all of this but that did nothing. I have no idea where to go from here, dells site is useless and i dont know of any other way to get the drivers besides shady "DL our driver fix now!" websites.
I saw some threads about connecting my laptops hard drive to my desktop and doing it that way, but id prefer to avoid opening my laptop if i can.

Lindenbrock

Prominent
Jun 4, 2017
Thats the site ive been going to. Think i found what i needed though, i have to go to each file's individual page and then the DL option lets you get the actual file instead of their driver checker. Thats pretty annoying, thanks for the help Emerald.