Switching phones on different contracts

Chanda1

Commendable
Aug 21, 2016
I want to take my daugthers phone over thats still being paid for in installment plan at US Cellular. I can upgrade to an Iphone but she wants to take over the Iphone and I take her s6 but when I asked U S Cellular on the phone They said it cant be switiched unless the phones were paid off.. Is there anyway to switch phones even though both phones are in installment plans??? WE BOTH R ON SEPERATE CONTRACTS AND WANT TO KEEP OUR SAME NUMBERS??Any help would be apprecated

Solution
I can't figure out what you are trying to do here, all you want to do is swap phones? If you are staying with the same carrier, you can just try switching SIM cards between the phones and see if that works. I don't really see why they won't let you swap the numbers between phones since you are not moving carriers, just doing a phone swap, but that is up to the company to decide what they will do. The issue may be that you have two different phones with two different payments and times left on them, swapping things around would make a mess to keep track of that.
I can't figure out what you are trying to do here, all you want to do is swap phones? If you are staying with the same carrier, you can just try switching SIM cards between the phones and see if that works. I don't really see why they won't let you swap the numbers between phones since you are not moving carriers, just doing a phone swap, but that is up to the company to decide what they will do. The issue may be that you have two different phones with two different payments and times left on them, swapping things around would make a mess to keep track of that.

Solution