System has not been modified error

alamose67

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2011
when dowloading itunes it says the installer encountered errors before itunes could be configured. Your system has not been modified. I have no clue what this means and I'm not computer literate. I could use some real simple explanation on how to solve this. I have a new HP all-in-one desktop. I don't even know if it is 32 bit or 64 bit. Please help.

calmstateofmind

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2009
When iTunes aborted the install, it was simply telling you that since the install did not complete, no modifications have been done to your computer from the attempted install.

There's nothing you have to do to fix this, but I would focus on why iTunes stopped installing...maybe you have the 64 bit version of the install and just have a 32 bit version of Windows.

Click Start, right click My Computer, select Properties. Then look around 1/2 way down the window and see if you're either 32 or 64 bit. That'll let you know what version installer you should download.

alamose67

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2011

I checked what you told me, it says system type-64 bit. I also did the delete of the appdata and removed it and emptied the temp file. Now what? I really don't know much about all this or what to do. Thanks for your input though. I do appreciate it.

click09

Honorable
Jun 13, 2012
I FINALLY worked it out. I went into my C drive where I have both folders 'Program Files' and 'Program Files (x86)', and instead of what I've usually done and removed files from the (x86) folder, I went into regular Program Files and found iTunes folder and deleted the whole thing. After that, it downloaded perfectly.
I had also tried every other tip on many websites to fix the problem and this was the whole effective method for me.

Hope it helps others!