system wont start, no display

hassanpk

Estimable
Feb 26, 2014
Hi guyz
I have a little problem here, or may be its big enough
I was trying to unlock my bios (lonovo pre-built) for controlling fan speed and some oc, as someone told me that you ca unlock it by moving some jumpers on the mobo, as I tried what he told me, the system gone black
Some beaps and no display
What I have done is this,
The jumper I moved, CLR_COSMO is written beneath it, it has 3 pins, the jumper was Initially at 2 left side pins and I moved it to 2 right side pins, after this I tried everything I know but nothing helps, so if you guyz have any suggestions then plz help me

Solution

Probably dead motherboard or CPU!
Try troubleshoot your problem by following this guide and double check everything.
Hope it will help :)

hassanpk

Estimable
Feb 26, 2014

Yp, it makes the same beeps same as with jumper, and rams installed

Ahmadjon

Honorable
Oct 16, 2013

So it doesn't start without jumper?

hassanpk

Estimable
Feb 26, 2014

No, and dosent with jumper
, i also tried by changing the psu

Ahmadjon

Honorable
Oct 16, 2013

Probably dead motherboard or CPU!
Try troubleshoot your problem by following this guide and double check everything.
Hope it will help :)

Solution

hassanpk

Estimable
Feb 26, 2014
Thank you so much everyone, specially Mr. Ahmad, the guide you provided, I tried everything that mention there.
I took my system to the market and they charge me 4 dollars to reset my settings, now everything is fine. I dnt knw what did they do, but my system is running fine.
Can anyone has any idea what did they do to my system, so in future, if me or anyone else have the problem of this kind, then i may help him or myself.

Ahmadjon

Honorable
Oct 16, 2013

I have no idea what they did but you could ask them about it, and I'm glad to see that your system runs for now :)
Probably they changed BIOS chip or made something with existing one!

Ahmadjon

Honorable
Oct 16, 2013

You're welcome :) and yeah good to see that your problem is solved! :)
And it's not a problem that they didn't tell you though!