T-Mobile 3G Will Do 21 Mbps in 2010

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pakardbell486dx2

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2008
how about expanding the coverage instead of in certain areas??? So what if they got 21mb it is not going to make a damn difference if i live in a area that is not covered. I think this is a marketing technique to get people to come to T-mob-lie. However this may be good news for ATT users, because ATT will forced to increase their speeds due to competition. I wish the Feds had more insight into telcom's cableco's and make it so that these companies are more forthcoming about their coverage and speed that they advertise.

E7130

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2008
Well, in the USA T-Mobiles 3G coverage is very small, smaller than AT&T so I don't see it as a great amazing impact. It would be nice if AT&T and other carriers would finish their 3G networks and put them everywhere instead of just in a handful of cities. Its a little BS to charge someone for a Data Plan that can only get EDGE when another person can get 3G.

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
I'm a T-Mobile customer, had great coverage in New Mexico, Seattle, Utah, Minnesota, Illinois, Wisconsin, Michigan, Texas, Oklahoma, Louisiana. The only strange thing is, there is no T-Mobile in the entire state of Iowa. They license-out their service to Iowa Wireless in the state. Quite an annoyance (who knows if the state will ever get T-Mobile 3G), but since I've never had any roaming fees of any kind, I can't complain.

I look forward to faster service everywhere, especially if they do buy Sprint.

thebigt42

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2009
Oh good I can use up my 5 gig on the 1st day!

What is the latency / lag ???? anything above 150 ms is TOO SLOW

I don't know about now...buy a couple years ago TMobile did not support UDP protocol on there data network...(No VPN for you)

ac21365

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2009
Available now in 3 square miles of 1 city, 2 more cities to be added in 2020!

Next week, Comcast announces even higher unspecified bandwidth caps!

mrdsm

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2009
HELLWIG -

Iowa DOES have T-Mobile and DOES have 3G. T-Mobile was originally VoiceStream wireless and Des Moines was one of the launch markets. T-Mobile covers a vast majority of central Iowa including Ames, Newton, and the Des Moines Metro. 3G is slowly expanding but it does cover about 70% of the Des Moines metro currently.

mrdsm

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2009
HELLWIG -

Iowa DOES have T-Mobile and DOES have 3G. T-Mobile was originally VoiceStream wireless and Des Moines was one of the launch markets. T-Mobile covers a vast majority of central Iowa including Ames, Newton, and the Des Moines Metro. 3G is slowly expanding but it does cover about 70% of the Des Moines metro currently.

Status
Not open for further replies.