Tablet app problem

Stavsavv

Estimable
Nov 2, 2014
So my tablet for some reason open other apps from the one i press.For example,when i press to open chrome it open skype.Have anyone experience something like that?Also do you know a solution? I search but coudnt find anything.Thanks in regards.

Solution
Reinstall the touch screen drivers - may clear out the problem.

Failing that, the concept remains the same. You still need to verify that icons, buttons, etc. that you touch are correctly configured to launch the desired app.

Try all of the applications. Look for a consistent pattern. Some shift perhaps: select an app and instead the next one to the right opens.....

Key is to be able to identify exactly what is happening.

What are you "pressing"? Function keys, some pre-programmed key combinations?

Are you clicking icons?

What other apps have an identical problem?

Have you done any updates or reinstalls. Could be that some functions have reverted to default settings.

Here is a link that should help:

https://chromebook.guide/chromebook-setup-guide/

Just work your way through it and see what you can find. And there are other similar links to be found.

E.g., check keyboard shortcuts - determine if they are as you would expect.

Reinstall the touch screen drivers - may clear out the problem.

Failing that, the concept remains the same. You still need to verify that icons, buttons, etc. that you touch are correctly configured to launch the desired app.

Try all of the applications. Look for a consistent pattern. Some shift perhaps: select an app and instead the next one to the right opens.....

Key is to be able to identify exactly what is happening.

Solution