tablet connects to router but can't access internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

shellyw

Honorable
Dec 10, 2013
My tablet is a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3.
My router is a Linksys WRT54G.
The tablet connects to the internet via open Wi-Fi at the local public library.
So the tablet will connect to the internet at other locations.
The router provides an internet connection to two PC's and a wireless printer.
So the router works.
BUT the tablet does not get an internet connection via the router.
The tablet detects my network, see the correct SSID.
If I use the default setting of DHCP for the IP address, and enter the password,
the tablet authenticates the password (so that's OK) ,
1- says "Scanning"
2- says "obtaining IP address"
3- says "Saved,Secured"
and repeats steps 1, 2, 3 above endlessly.
(At the public library it has no trouble getting the IP address and connecting)

So instead of DHCP, I had the tablet use a static IP address - 192.168.1.8
(This is a valid IP address. My router is set up to accept 192.168.1.2 to 192.168.1.13)
Once again, authentication works fine, and the tablet says "Connected"
So far, so good.

I have a nice strong signal showing on the tablet.
But, if I go to Chrome and try to connect to the internet it says "This webpage is not available"
Whatever I do to connect to the internet does not work.

So, what's going wrong? AND what's the solution?

Thanks for your help.

Shelly

beyondlogic

Honorable
Jun 6, 2013

This actually happened to my mothers android phone once so this maybe your solution it did what you have described i make sure your not using a wep as a security it will not like it i found that changing your security to WPA2
solved this issue or wpa either one will work fine with android anything like wep and it starts to loop

tested devices
2 android phones using
2.3 ginger bread ( connected occasionally then did nothing)
and 4.0 ( connected one phone other phone wouldnt work e.g mothers

Estimable
Apr 1, 2014
Android products are like a roll of toilet paper its made of cheap materials and usable for a small period of time then they run out of use and you have to buy more I have had many android products and always had the same wifi issue

esankar1

Estimable
Aug 26, 2014
Hi,
i had the very same issue with my Lenovo Ideatab A3000 ie connects with wifi but no internet. Finally i changed setting from DHCP to static IP and inserted a possible address in continuation to my other devices connected thruWifi, and this solved the issue. The issue of internet not connecting mostly mostly happens because of IP address conflict iam told so everytime this happens the first thing ee can try out is give a static IP address and try.
hope this helps many in our forum
- esankar1

Maxy Santos

Estimable
Jan 11, 2015

danbuckler

Estimable
Feb 20, 2015
This problem happened to my phone and I figured out that the IP address on the phone was on the wrong network.
My router gived addresses on the 192.168.29 network but the phone had an address on the 10.0.0 network.
Of course this will not work. This sort of thing is under the covers and to me it looks like the work of malware or ransome ware.
The solution, in my case was to forget the network and reconnect to it.

- Dan

xwayne

Estimable
Feb 22, 2015
My Samsung tablet sat unused for quite some time. The battery ran dead and, after a while I guess, when I recharged the battery and turned it back on the date was set to Jan 1 2000. I re-set the date, rebooted, re-connected to our wireless router (I had to reconnect to Google Play Store with my gmail account). All working great again!

Sunilanand4444

Estimable
Nov 21, 2015
Login to your router admin panel by typing something like 192.168.0.1 using a windows pc or laptop. Now in the admin control panel change the channel. By default it is 1. I prefer channel 6. Restart everything. And enjoy.

bargaincrusader

Commendable
Sep 24, 2016

Yes funny my daughter changed the date to Dec 23 (it is Sept 24 now) because she can get presents at Christmas. She wanted Christmas to be today. This made the internet not accessible to some things on her tablet, took abitof time, glad I found this page.

Latinbabe1973

Commendable
Sep 25, 2016
Hi, I ran into the same issue and i changed the date which wasn't correct and it connected right away.I hope this helps!

zakareea101

Prominent
Aug 19, 2017
hi guys
i had a tablet with android 5.1.1 and had a problem with WiFi connection the problem was that it connects to the wifi but there is no internet access so i tried all possible ways to solve the problem till one works ,
solution : you should change the internet encryption type from ( WPA-PSK / WPA2-PSK) TO (WPA-PSK) that can be from router WIFI security page i hope it work for you friends

Status
Not open for further replies.