Tablet doesn't charge (after going online)

whitehalls

Estimable
Dec 11, 2014
Hi,

I sent it for repairs 3 times already because it does not charge.

Now after it came back it worked properly for a week until I connected it online (with google sync, etc), it won't charge now.

I did factory reset and it charges fine. Could it really be because of going online with Google stuff and sync might change some settings perhaps?

Thanks
---
Prestigio MultiPad Thunder 7.0"
8GB Android 4.4 Wifi Black Tablet

Solution
Li Ion batteries have protection circuitry on them that will not let them charge after running them flat. If the tablet has been run clear flat, you can take the tablet apart to expose the battery, and then using a Li charger for a single cell 18650 battery jumpered to the battery terminals, and connected in parallel to a good 18650 battery. The charger will read the state on the good battery and start charging it which will also charge the dead tablet battery. After a while, you can remove the 18650 and charge just the tablet battery. Finally, you can turn the tablet on and hook the normal charger up to it again and it will charge it normally. I am in the final stages of charging my Granddaughter's tablet that had the same...
Any Google products wouldn't cause that. They are made to work with any Android device (Android OS is made by Google). However, if there are other things on the tablet, not made by Google, that you installed (or someone installed), then it is possible that is messing with your device. Now if it is under warranty, you should really push to have the device replaced. After 3 repairs and still not functioning correctly means they should replace it.

However, before doing that, you might try running the tablet in "Safe Mode" to see if the problem persists when you do anything in "Safe Mode".

To get into "Safe Mode" please do the following.

1. First turn off the tablet.

2. Next press and hold "Power" until you see the manufacturers logo on the screen, then release the power button.

3. "Quickly" press "Volume Down" and hold it for few seconds until you see the message "Safe mode: ON" or something similar.

4. If you wanted disable safe mode, simply repeat the steps above, and you should see "Safe Mode: Off" rather than On.

Eldon_

Commendable
Sep 20, 2016
Li Ion batteries have protection circuitry on them that will not let them charge after running them flat. If the tablet has been run clear flat, you can take the tablet apart to expose the battery, and then using a Li charger for a single cell 18650 battery jumpered to the battery terminals, and connected in parallel to a good 18650 battery. The charger will read the state on the good battery and start charging it which will also charge the dead tablet battery. After a while, you can remove the 18650 and charge just the tablet battery. Finally, you can turn the tablet on and hook the normal charger up to it again and it will charge it normally. I am in the final stages of charging my Granddaughter's tablet that had the same problem. When I hooked it up to the normal charger, it read 20%. Now, a few hours later, it is at 46%. The process has worked for me. Good luck.

Solution