tablet hybrid decisions

lxgoldsmith

Honorable
Sep 25, 2012
Hi

This decision is painfully difficult for me right now. I can't decide between tablet hybrids. I know the specs and everything, but the design type is eluding me.

I need to use a tablet mostly as an e-reader and math writer (stylus) for my books and math class, but I need it to function well with a keyboard for typing essays and reports for english, science, ss, theology.

I'd also like to be able to work in a little home casual gaming with old, low demand games like baldur's gate 2 and civilization 3 from iso on my ehdd (yes, I have discs for licence purposes).

The ultimate goal is to have a mid-cheap atom based tablet plus keyboard, preferred to have trackpad. Most have 2GB lpddr2 and 1.8Ghz clover trail. I'd like to keep it in the atom tablet range to keep it cheap and low performance.

I'm mostly stuck between the dell latitude 10 business model an the hp envy x2. The dell latitude 10 has an active digitizer and can get the larger battery to last 16+ hours, leaving the envy x2 in the dust, but the envy x2 comes with the included keyboard and trackpad and reaches the 10 hour goal I need for all day use. Another qualm about the latitude 10 is its 10.1, which really slims down the bluetooth keyboard, whereas the envy x2 has an 11.6 inch screen and still slims the keyboard.

Any help with this or added tablet options would be great.

Update: Asus Vivotab is another option.

lxgoldsmith

Honorable
Sep 25, 2012
I'm currently over 900 with the asus vivotab in mind plus accessories. Tablet plus keyboard plus extra 64GB msd card adds up to 870. Other than that, I'm adding a screen protector, light casing, and an active digitizer pen (wacom). If there's a hybrid running haswell or ivy bridge that totals 900, is reasonably thin, supports active digitizers, and is rated at 9+ hours battery life, I'd love to hear about it.

I feel like 870 is too much to pay for a decent atom based windows tablet with 12 hr avg battery life, 128GB emmc+mSD, and digitizer support.