Solved! tablet ZTE K88 after factory reset asks for SD card to be formatted.

Apr 7, 2020
Hi! hope your safe and healthy. Need some guidance. I did a factory reset on my son´s ZTE K88 AT&T tablet, android 6.0.1. He was having storage problems so he move all of his photos, music and videos to the micro SD card. The card was removed before the reset. Now that it has been reset, I re-installed the micro SD card back and the tablet is asking if we want it to be a use as 1 )a portable storage medium or 2) use as internal storage medium. Either way asks for a format of the card. I think my son initially selected number 2 as I tried to read it´s data on my computer and it was not possible . How can it be readable by the tablet or a computer? Don´t want to lose his data. Thanks in advance for any input.

Solution
The safest place to try again would be a Linux system but it should show the data in a Windows box. It's worth trying another Android device?

Using a PC and a SdCard carrier or a laptop with a Micro SdCard slot, put it into a running Windows setup. Go to Control Panel>Administrative Tools>Disk Management and see what it has to say.
The safest place to try again would be a Linux system but it should show the data in a Windows box. It's worth trying another Android device?

Using a PC and a SdCard carrier or a laptop with a Micro SdCard slot, put it into a running Windows setup. Go to Control Panel>Administrative Tools>Disk Management and see what it has to say.

Solution
Apr 7, 2020
Thanks for the reply Saga Lout. Somewhere I read that when you select the SD card to be run as a internal storage medium it would be encrypted to be use only with that device. I did try to read it in a PC but it did not recognize the SD card. I´ll try it in another device. Thanks.