Tape deck & Onkyo TX-NR656

Chris_455

Prominent
May 6, 2017
I have been given a Fisher CR-W9025 twin tape deck that I want to connect to my Onkyo TX-NR656. I've tried the A/V cables into the unused TV A/V inputs (and into the CD inputs also) but I'm getting no sound through at all. Am I missing something obvious or is my tape deck defunct?: Any advice welcome.

Solution
On an AV receiver you may have to assign the RCA connection (say audio 1) to an input (such as CD) to get sound. The input setup menu would be where you do that.
The output of the cassette deck goes to the receiver. The input of the cassette deck is for recording purposes and your receiver may not have record outputs.
When you play a tape make sure that the tape is moving and that the meters on the deck are responding.
If the deck has a headphone jack you can check it for output.
On an AV receiver you may have to assign the RCA connection (say audio 1) to an input (such as CD) to get sound. The input setup menu would be where you do that.
The output of the cassette deck goes to the receiver. The input of the cassette deck is for recording purposes and your receiver may not have record outputs.
When you play a tape make sure that the tape is moving and that the meters on the deck are responding.
If the deck has a headphone jack you can check it for output.

Solution