TDK Reveals 1TB Optical Disc; Blu-ray Frowns

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

drbyq9

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2010
man, alot of crushing on optical media going on... I have cds i burned 10 years ago that still work fine...hard drives i was using 10 years ago? They are in a box somewhere. What do you people do with your backed up data or your disc media for that matter? play fetch with the dog? I know every so often i like to put my most important stuff on a couple dvds and stick them in cases on a shelf in my basement. I feel that data is less likely to be corrupted than storing it on a flash drive or an ssd or a hard drive, or virtually anything else. Maybe i'm an idiot...

f-14

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
nice ^5 TDK loved your cd burners, loving you even more after kicking sony's butt at their own game with their own technology. sony was about to let blu ray be left in the dust by flash technology, but this might delay that for a couple years. and hahaha now every one will have to upgrade their bluray players. glad i didn't invest in it esp for it's ridiculous prices. if flash nand gets cheap enough soon, bluray is going the way of the dodo bird faster then 8 track did. ^5 again TDK. hopefully regular dvds finally get released to the 8 layers that was promised back in 1997 before the Movie industry went up in arms and blocked it with court injunctions.

[citation][nom]Anomalyx[/nom]Personally I would have liked to see MicroSD cards catch on like flash drives, but too few computers have built-in readers for it. Something about how small the chip is just makes it feel movie-like when moving large amounts of data around. =)[/citation]
Yes, but they are so easy to drop and so hard to label. The tech advanced so far that it became less useful.

G

I still remember when my company payed 10.000 dollars for 60 G, to run our movie-edit. And it was worth every penny. Now I can buy 1TB with 99 dollars. My home is filled with different Beta-, Beta-cam, Digibeta, 1" 2" DV-cam, DVC-PRO 25 /50 even VHS and digital C-casettes other unusual tapes, memo chips, cards, hard drives just name it. I wish I see the day when this madness ends and we have one stable and good system that works in different cameras, edits etc at least 20 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.