TDK sd CARD 32G not working in SONY XPERIA M2

Andreas1971

Estimable
Jul 15, 2014
I recently bought a SD card for my new sony xperia M2 smartphone. It is a microSDHC TDK card of 32GB. The specs of the phone indicate that it can carry up to 32 GB card.
Result though is that it does not work properly: music is playing but with "gaps", stopping for 1-2 seconds, or jumping to the next song. It seems it can not read properly the music files (i even changed the music file form but the problem remains). Videos are not playing at all and when using the camera for photos, sometimes the card is not found and as a result the photo taken is not stored properly. Lately i cannot even see the photos (jpg) stored.
The card functions OK in my laptop and in other smartphones (Samsung S4)!
I tried to erase the content, format the card (in all possible formats FAT32 or NFTS) but the problem remains.
Is it possible that there are compatibility issues or i need a smaller card? Are there any particular specs of the card (it is supposed to be of the latest technology) that i need to check?
Thank you for your answer,
Andreas

Murissokah

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2007
That is unexpected. Your phone is micro SDHC compliant and there is no reason for it to have a problem with that micro SD card. Do you have a spare micro SD card to find out whether it only happens with that particular one?

I don't see how the card's capacity would be an issue, since the phone can handle SDHC. Are you using USB debug? Are you running the latest stock firmware? If so, I'd open a ticket to Sony, since buying another card might not solve the issue.

Ankitnath1993

Estimable
Jan 9, 2015
Move songs and apps to ur internal phone memory thn use it,,,,,,also know it is nt a hardware issue.....it is a bug which will be repaired in ur nxt comming update....till then use data in internal memory.......

Filip Maric

Estimable
Aug 15, 2015
I had TDK microSD SDHC U1 16GB on my Xperia L (C2105) and after some time it made my songs blurry, and some pictures were half normal, half gray, in one word damaged.. i formatted the card, but it appeared again.. I have destroyed the card and bought Kingston microSDHC class10 U1 32GB, i will see, how that relatinship will end up... My advice, dont buy SD cards from manufacturers that dont make hard drives, or you never saw flash drive with that brand name... I also have SanDisk class4 micro sd memory card since 2011, it works great even now...

Oct 30, 2015
Strange, I just tried a 64 Gb micro SD card that I got yesterday from MiniInTheBox and somehow it works like charm. Did a movie recording (saving on SD of course), did a few pictures and it all works just fine, no blur or whatever.