muppetlol

Honorable
Jul 18, 2012
Today my ISP decided to use teamviewer to check my router setting, I did not install It but I let it run once. After the team viewer session I decided to remove the file since I did not install it.

I also realize teamviewer made some files in my AppData folder and I deleted every single 1 of em.

Then a Ccleaner scan and removed junks after that.

Just wondering, did I really remove all traces of teamviewer? I do not want people to be able to connect remotely to my computer. Is it possible to take full control of a computer without teamviewer?

Am I at least guaranteed that no1 can see what I'm doing on my computer?

muppetlol

Honorable
Jul 18, 2012
I initiated the call cause my DNS was changing every few hours. The ISP could only look at the settings of my modem, not my router. I guess the ISP could be trusted since its an ISP

USAFRet

Illustrious
OK. It's just that this is a VERY common attack scenario.
"Hi, this is Bob from Microsoft/your ISP. Your PC has been generating thousands of error messages, probably from a virus. Please let our representative log on and fix your issue."

'Bob', of course, is not from Microsoft. And your PC is now compromised.

aford10

Distinguished
Each time you run team viewer, it uses an ID and a password. The ID for your computer will stay the same, but the password will change each time (unless you install it and tell it to stay the same). You've got no worries with team viewer.

muppetlol

Honorable
Jul 18, 2012
I did not install it and already had deleted it. Just wondering, since u said the ID is the same but the password changes, even without me having teamviewer on my computer anymore can people still remote access it?

I noted that even after I close teamviewer and ran it again, the ID and Pass is the same, this is without installing btw, just the 'run once" option