Solved! Tech support scam mail with virus or malware?

cavin0

Prominent
Feb 17, 2017
Hello guys! I would like some help as soon as possible. I know the basics of maintaining a computer, but I am no expert. Yesterday, I got a mail from someone claiming to be from Microsoft Tech support, saying they are monitoring my laptop. They said they have found some issues in my system and will solve it. A phone number was given in the mail to contact. This is the first time I am getting such kind of mail. I have a genuine Windows 8 came with the laptop and so initially I thought it's a genuine mail. But soon I realized that there is no reason for them to monitor my system. I did a quick search in Google and read about similar scams related to tech support including that of yahoo: Beware Unsolicited Help: Trouble With Tech Support Scams. I got scared and deleted the mail immediately. I got worried about the important files in my laptop and if any sort of virus or malware or anything like that has automatically downloaded into my system when I opened the mail. I scanned the system with my antivirus, Kaspersky internet Security, but couldn't find any. I hope my laptop and files are safe for now. Can anyone confirm it? Is there possibility of any other kind of malicious software?

Solution
Usually you will not get any viruses from these sort of emails unless you open any attachments. Kaspersky is very good Anti Virus so I'm sure your fine but just to be sure run another full scan.

hazzyboy3

Prominent
Feb 15, 2017
Usually you will not get any viruses from these sort of emails unless you open any attachments. Kaspersky is very good Anti Virus so I'm sure your fine but just to be sure run another full scan.

Solution