Technical question about playlists and M3U files

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBassBagwhan

Commendable
Sep 7, 2016
Hi folks, I'm producing my own audiobooks which are composed of multiple MP3 files, one per chapter. I intend to sell them direct from my website in zipped folders (or maybe not zipped)...

My question is, to cater for the non-IT customers, if I include a playlist file in the folder that they can click on with the intention of loading a playlist of the chapters in correct order, it won't work, right? Because the M3U file contains information relevant to the folder I created the playlist in/from, not wherever they download the files into, correct?

I realise I can label the files in such a sequential or alphabetical way that any player should sort them into correct order anyway, and that M3U files aren't universally recognised anyway, but keeping it as one-click as possible is very important.

If anyone has any better suggestions I'm all ears ... or eyes!

Thanks, Graeme.

TheBassBagwhan

Commendable
Sep 7, 2016

Thanks, but none of my DAWs offer "aa" as a conversion or save as format. It appears to have some embedded DRM. I don't know if aa can be used without DRM, but I imagine any files would be played in Audible's app by default, which might help. Cheers, I'm hoping to send some files to friend and see what happnes.

Status
Not open for further replies.