Teenager Injured By Exploding iPhone

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
Exploding iPhones is not a fault its a feature! They must have activated the self destruct sequence at a inappropriate time which caused this injury. Their actions lead to this so its their fault.

-Apple

scook9

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2008
this funny....I have some RC cars that use Li-Polymer batteries (much more unstable than Li-Ion) that I have driven the shit out of and hit all sorts of things with.....they never have blown up on me (and when I say hit shit, I mean at 30+ mph)

Apple is to blame here, not the batteries

grieve

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2004
[citation][nom]rooseveltdon[/nom]Wow they can even explode now? watch apple charge you 50 dollars for the privilege.[/citation]
haha it'll be an "approved" App. Make your Iphone explode!!

jellico

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
Do you suppose the iPhone will be covered by the warranty? Or will the internal monitoring technology, recently highlighted in Tom's daily news, record this as a user mishandling incident?

CChick

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2008
Alright here is the deal

We will give you a refund, if you want we can even give you another iphone for free. the thing is that, you have to stfu and dont tell anybody about how shitty our "Its just works" products are. Ok ? deal ?

r0x0r

Distinguished
May 9, 2006
iPhone (verb): to have bodily harm inflicted by shrapnel from exploding consumer electronics devices.

examples

Paris Hilton is such a bitch; i wish she'd get iPhoned

A: Dude, what the hell happened to you? Where'd those scars come from?
B: My iPhone exploded, got me in the face, and when I tried to complain to Apple, the next thing I knew I woke up in a bathtub of ice; minus a kidney!

aracheb

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2008
[citation][nom]metempsychosis[/nom]Now, let's drop Apple and see what happens.[/citation]

So that is the reason why obama gave the Queen an Ipod.

so he really want to throw down the UK?

aracheb

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2008
[citation][nom]Jerky_san[/nom]The FBI and CIA have a new weapon in their arsenal.. Give a "present" to the people they hate and hope they drop it hehe..[/citation]
So that is the reason why obama gave the Queen an Ipod.

so he really want to throw down the UK?

zak_mckraken

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2004
I'm all for suing when a product DOES explode in your face, or anywhere on your body for that matter. However, with all the talks about exploding iPhones, I wonder how many of these cases are not over-exagerated for the sake of shock (and suing) value.

It's easy for one to read an article about a customer getting money after suing a manufacturer and misuse their product because "hey, I could get money too!".

bfstev

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2008
I have abused the hell out of LIthium Ion batteries and never had anything like this happen to me. Who is the battery developer for the iphone? They need to do some checking of their products.

justjc

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2006
So Apple says the iPhone is dangerous because it can be used to take down the cell network and now they can also explode? Surely this must be a favorite among terrorists.

Don't help the terrorists Apple, recall all iPhones!

brendano257

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2008
Did anyone catch the point that they don't just randomly explode? All this Apple bashing is utterly INSANE. Personally I found iPods to be very drop-proof, I've dropped my old Nano so many times (and a washer/dryer incident) and it's still alive and kicking. My new Touch hasn't had any issues. A couple of problems should not deter the average user. Considering this is 2 out of MILLIONS of products that have been sold. Stop being so stupid and ignorant with your rageings about Apple about only a few rare incidents. Now if it was given the 5% or even 10% of iPhones/Touches exploder, there is a reason to complain, or even 1%, but seriously stop being so fucking stupid, it's 2 iPhones out of millions.

Status
Not open for further replies.