Temporary disable my keyboard

Piobo

Commendable
May 1, 2016
I got a cat, and she loves lying in my notebook's keyboard because it's warm. And I always use a USB Keyboard, but she keeps pressing letters because she's on the keyboard. So I'd like to know if there's a way to temporary disable it. I don't want to completely disable it so I can use it on a road trip or something like that.

Hi,

Unfortunately I haven't heard of somebody temporally disabling the laptop keyboard. I've checked other support sites and forums and here are some troubleshooting steps that may help.
- First is to try disable the keyboard in Device Manager.
- In Device Manager expand Keyboard then right click on the keyboard driver and see if you have a disable option.
- If there's none the only way would be to disconnect the ribbon cable that connects the keyboard to the motherboard which is not a temporary fix unfortunately.

Here's another thread about that concern.
http://www.tomsguide.com/answers/id-2590043/disable-laptop-keyboard-external-keyboard-usb.html

Piobo

Commendable
May 1, 2016

Thanks for replying. What I meant for "temporary" is that I can disable the keyboard, and when I want to I can install the driver from somewhere. Is that posible?