The Blanket That Absorbs Farts

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jivdis1x

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2006
[citation][nom]Greg_77[/nom]Hey, at least the marketing materials don't call the blanket "magical"[/citation]

If Apple was selling this product then it would be "magical"

idisarmu

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2008
[citation][nom]Rico Mossegelt[/nom]Personally, avoiding nocturnal flatulence is a simple matter of doing the dirty deed before hitting the sack. [/citation]

I'm pretty sure "the dirty deed" means sex. Is that what you mean? Or do you mean "pinching a loaf," "dropping a deuce," "drowning a &^$#@%" etc. ?

Icehearted

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2008
Wait... why aren't underpants getting this technology?! Perhaps with some sound dampening fabric we can prevent spontaneous combustion worldwide!

tuannguyen

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2008
[citation][nom]reklatsa[/nom]Actually, I'm apolitical and agnostic, Mr. DirectX Warlock. I posted the comment I did because I had a theory there is a preponderance of Republican supporters here on THW, and I just wanted to see if my theory would be substantiated by the voting. I count your vote as neutral. I could have asked exactly the same thing and substituted Democrat, but I didn't want to cause greater confusion.[/citation]

Banned. Off topic trolling.

G

why dont they just make a pair of shorts out of the material... then only 1 person has to wear it, and it has the same effect.... and its usable outside the bed!!

hoofhearted

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2004
When driving, I "roll up" the windows and lock them when I let one loose. It is like an artform for me. Why the hell would I want this? Kind of like Beano. It ruins my mojo. Besides, my farts don't stink. They smell like roses. It is other peoples farts that stink. Guess you can't play "turtle" with this.

JonnyDough

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2007
What next? A filtration hose for when I eat asparagus? Maybe a nose clip for when I have to pump gas? How about a giant fan to counteract the northern winds when my farming neighbor spreads manure on his field? Breathe it in baby, its the stuff of life.

nxym

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2009
@reklatsa. a wonderful idea. maybe everyone should stick a tube in their ass and hang it out of the window or maybe use a vacuum. i bet their wife wont mind. jeez dude. get a life.

isamuelson

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2008
[citation][nom]Anonymous[/nom]why dont they just make a pair of shorts out of the material... then only 1 person has to wear it, and it has the same effect.... and its usable outside the bed!![/citation]

I believe there is already something like this out there. At least, on the Bob and Tom show, they mentioned they did a news story about it awhile ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.