The Blanket That Absorbs Farts

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gilbertfh

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2009
[citation][nom]Rico Mossesgeld[/nom]avoiding nocturnal flatulence is a simple matter of doing the dirty deed before hitting the sack[/citation]
I think your definition of a dirty deed and mine differ greatly sir :)

dxwarlock

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2008
[citation][nom]nforce4max[/nom]Do they make one for the democrats opps I mean sourcrats. Nothing like a bunch of Trotskyites running a once proud nation into the dirt. All sourcrats hail el presidente Obama.[/citation]
nothing like 2 people of each side using a totally unrelated topic to express their political views, that no one other than themselves care about.

Whats worse than a person of the opposing party? a person that's so adamant about their side that they feel the need to argue it over the internet.

chris13th

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
"The Better Marriage Blanket" and they come in a "$120 (for a twin-sized blanket)"?

First things first, why the hell would you need this for a twin? If your farts are so offensive to yourself then you may need to visit a doctor. Secondly, if you're a married couple that sleeps in a twin bed, then you might need to save for a bigger bed before you invest at least $120 in a blanket.

Regulas

Distinguished
May 11, 2008
[citation][nom]Reklatsa[/nom]Could this be made big enough to cover all American Republicans if congregated into one place?[/citation]
idiot

reklatsa

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2008
[citation][nom]Clintonio[/nom]This is the internet; Get some thicker skin.[/citation] Contextually placed comedy or discussion aside, the internet does not confer rights to be indiscriminately offensive to any social group. Now, if you have them and they haven't passed through menopause, go tell your mother, grandmothers, daughters, sisters, girlfriend, in fact any woman passing by that her menstruating makes her stink. If you don't have the guts to say something to someone's face then don't say it at all. Weren't you taught respect, manners and civility?

mlopinto2k1

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
How about just completely avoiding garlic, milk and other weird crap that makes your ass stink? I tell you what though, that thing better be guaranteed because my farts will seriously make you dizzy, if I don't avoid the above ingredients that is. :)

reklatsa

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2008
[citation][nom]dxwarlock[/nom]nothing like 2 people of each side using a totally unrelated topic to express their political views, that no one other than themselves care about.Whats worse than a person of the opposing party? a person that's so adamant about their side that they feel the need to argue it over the internet.[/citation]

Actually, I'm apolitical and agnostic, Mr. DirectX Warlock. I posted the comment I did because I had a theory there is a preponderance of Republican supporters here on THW, and I just wanted to see if my theory would be substantiated by the voting. I count your vote as neutral. I could have asked exactly the same thing and substituted Democrat, but I didn't want to cause greater confusion.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
I know somebody that has one of these, apparently it works pretty well. I do wonder how long it will last though, if it uses activated carbon filtering. If it lasts for 5 years, can be washed like a normal blanket, is comfortable, breathable and not too hot, then this would be worth it for some.

omnimodis78

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2008
[citation][nom]Reklatsa[/nom]Contextually placed comedy or discussion aside, the internet does not confer rights to be indiscriminately offensive to any social group. Now, if you have them and they haven't passed through menopause, go tell your mother, grandmothers, daughters, sisters, girlfriend, in fact any woman passing by that her menstruating makes her stink. If you don't have the guts to say something to someone's face then don't say it at all. Weren't you taught respect, manners and civility?[/citation]
Give me a break with your "Contextually placed comedy" Plato speech. Firstly, ya sorry some chicks smell terrible while on their periods, but some guys smell even worse for no apparent reason, and a fart while offensive to the senses, is just gas which is expected to smell bad. But to be honest, I would rather smell farts than cave sardines if you know what i mean...

reklatsa

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2008
[citation][nom]Reklatsa[/nom]It's got to be cheaper to stick a tube up your arse and hang it out of the window.[/citation]

Oh, but then there are the flies that could crawl in.

godwhomismike

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009
[citation][nom]godwhomismike[/nom]The photo is funny. Looks like she's allowing him though the back door.[/citation]

I guess it's perfect for afterwards, when she's getting all excess air out the backdoor.

reklatsa

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2008
[citation][nom]omnimodis78[/nom]...a fart while offensive to the senses, is just gas which is expected to smell bad. But to be honest, I would rather smell farts than cave sardines if you know what i mean...[/citation] Sorry, not with you...Being gay my penchant is for Cheddar.

Actually, methane is odourless, it's all the shit that smells bad. If you know what I mean.

Yoder54

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2008
[citation][nom]Reklatsa[/nom]Contextually placed comedy or discussion aside, the internet does not confer rights to be indiscriminately offensive to any social group. Now, if you have them and they haven't passed through menopause, go tell your mother, grandmothers, daughters, sisters, girlfriend, in fact any woman passing by that her menstruating makes her stink. If you don't have the guts to say something to someone's face then don't say it at all. Weren't you taught respect, manners and civility?[/citation]

Wow, the social police are amongst us. Actually, I tell my wife and 3 daughters a lot worse than what you refer to. In fact, what I say to their faces I would not dare put in print. Now, are you going to tell me that I lack manners and civility? Be human, manners and civility are for all of those who are ashamed of basic bodily functions. Manners are also cultural specific...belching is a sign of appreciation in some countries, but for the prudes of America it is an act of barbarism.

The internet is an open forum, and here in America we can say what we want. So, the internet does confer the right to say what you want to who you want as long as it cannot be classified as: cyberbulling, hate, etc. Say what you want about the various sources of stink, the remark you are referring to is far more innocent than what we see on TV.

usasma

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2009
I told my wife about this.
Her response was "If you get one of those, I'll divorce you!"

Ask me about the "transcontinental fart" sometime :0)

Dirtman73

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2009
[citation][nom]Reklatsa[/nom]Actually, I'm apolitical and agnostic, Mr. DirectX Warlock. I posted the comment I did because I had a theory there is a preponderance of Republican supporters here on THW, and I just wanted to see if my theory would be substantiated by the voting. I count your vote as neutral. I could have asked exactly the same thing and substituted Democrat, but I didn't want to cause greater confusion.[/citation]

For some reason, I still enjoy partaking of Tom's news stories, but lately people have been bringing politics into subjects that don't warrant that kind of attention. I'm begging you guys: please stop with the political shit. If you really feel the need to turn everything into a partisan hackfest, don't do it here. Try Dailytech- that site is ruled with an iron fist by right-wing users who do not take kindly to instrusions into their insulated little kingdom. If you're looking for a trolling challenge, DT is the place to go.

I can deal with the hard-on that Tom's now has for Apple, but this political crap has got to stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.