The Car Powered by Photosynthesis

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyroflea

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2007
What the hell. People need to think about the big picture before claiming they have a possible replacement for petroleum. *Sigh*

pswenne

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2006
[citation][nom]vertigo_2000[/nom]Someone wasted their time and energy putting this together.These concept things need to stop already. At least conceptualize something that may happen within your lifetime or something that uses possible tech.I'm gonna conceptualize a house that will grow from a seed. You'll be able to grow your own house! Live in it as a 1 bedroom until it grows a 2nd bedroom. Hold off on the 2nd child until the 3rd room grows.[/citation]

you mean something like this?
http://www.archinode.com/bienal.html

Cache

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2009
Without clear direction how power is derived from this concept, how the energy is routed and distributed, and how much is actually generated for work to be performed, he might as well have designed a car that runs on the bitter hatred of internet trolls. At least that would be an energy source that actually grows with the human population.

G

So I guy draws some pictures of a car that basically runs on magic and its worth a story?

JonnyDough

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2007
An algae based photosynthetic car is a much more practical idea. Plants? Get real. And why would you not put the plants above the rider where they can harness more light? I think Tom's is hard up for "articles" these days.

In other news, a 4th grader at Middleton Elementary drew this picture of a futuristic spaceship:

G

Oh Shoot, I forgot to water the plants and now my car wont start? somebody jumpstart using the branches pls....

nxym

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2009
photosynthesis cannot produce enough energy for the motor. Unless you wanna drive at the speed of the tortoise.

kingnoobe

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2008
Actually vertigo I think you're missing his points. If we stayed with what is realistic, and feasible we'd all still be on tandy 1000s still. It takes people thinking up some crazy shit like this to advance.

And no building a stargate that folds around your wrist isn't the same you retard. Unless in theory it can actually work and you can show how. This guy has a good concept that can work, not praticle in any sense. But that doesn't matter. If he could get it to move an inch.. It still worked.

But lets all just stay inside the box.. So nothing new ever comes out. It'll just end up being like nvidia naming scheme same old shit just renamed.

caparc

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2009
The plants will provide enough power to move the care 6' per day--if it's parked on a hill. How about a compost powered car that you park in the bathroom instead of the garage.

G

Could Tomsguide please filter out these kinds of ludicrous concepts / stories. I come here for genuine news.

Status
Not open for further replies.