The Galaxy Nexus is Finally on Sale at Verizon Today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mathos

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2007
Hopefully the price will have dropped considerably by February when my renewal comes up, that or hopefully its onsale at Wally world or somethin.

masterasia

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2009
Been following this phone for about 2 months now. If only it had a better camera, it would be the boss. But I gotta give it to the HTC ReZound at the moment. Seems like Samsung/Google went backwards on the phone. The Samsung Galaxy S2 is very similar, it's just that it doesn't have 720p resolution. I'm thinking the Tegra 3 phones will be better. Maybe I'll have to wait till Motorola releases a Nexus phone. There's always something wrong with the Nexus phones that make it a deal breaker for me.

G

We were beginning to think it might never be released but...

Rolled out an update for their motorola droid bionic too... I was wondering if I was gonna get some love... no clue what it actually did though...

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
awsome phone... if only it was on sprint ._< i don't like limited data so verizon or at&t just aren't options... to bad my phone selection on sprint leaves something to be desired

G

I bought it on monday from vodafone Romania and i like it, i upgraded from sg2 BUT the camera on the sg2 is net superior than the nexus and also internet browsing seems to be smoother on sg2, in all the other things nexus is better and it looks and feels supperior to sg2. The phone was locked on vodafone ro so i had to pay them 45euros to send me the network unlock code for my nexus. It is the best android phone and android4 rulz!

stingray71

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2010
Bionic update was huge. Fixed several little annoying issues and few big ones. One being auto focus on the camera. Other was data connection drop outs, auto issues, also fixed "black screen of death", only cure was to pull the battery. Solid phone now.

Slated to get ICS as well!

ksharp25

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
..So, who's buying one?

Not I. Not yet anyway. After the deluge of coverage of the phones less than stellar performance, and major sound bug, and other issues from Europeans that have the phone, I will wait for a few patches/issue resolutions on this device before I throw my $299 on it.

ikefu

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2009
Picked mine up already

Its freaking amazing. The screen is gorgeous and my apps and movies look crazy good on the 720p screen.

I will be rooting it tonight and then the real fun will start =)

Yuka

Distinguished
May 3, 2007
[citation][nom]ikefu[/nom]Picked mine up alreadyIts freaking amazing. The screen is gorgeous and my apps and movies look crazy good on the 720p screen.I will be rooting it tonight and then the real fun will start =)[/citation]

Could you do some video decoding in 1080p? I really want to know if it supports Hi10P >_<

Also, does it have the ability to read USB sticks with the adapter as the Galaxy S II does?

Cheers!

G

I finally got mine! It's in my hand right now! It's fucking amazing! So fast, the new OS is flawless!!!!

fulle

Distinguished
May 31, 2008
[citation][nom]otacon72[/nom]Tried Android for a month and ditched it. Shouldn't have to hack your phone to uninstall software off of it.[/citation]

Yeah yeah. And if you wanted to change your default browser on an iPhone, or do a number of other incredibly reasonable, basic functionality types of things (like arranging the freaking icons the way you want), you'll have to jailbreak.

BulkZerker

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2010
@whysobluepandabear

If you don't like that price id love to see your reaction for the cost of buying one without a contract. I paid the same price for an origional motorola droid a few weeks after release with the contract. I shoulda ponied up the $600 to buy it outright.

afrobacon

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2008
Doesn't Verizon have a $50 unlimited plan that's off contract? If so buying outright should save around $400 over 2 years. Doesn't seem like much in comparison, but still saving money.

quantum mask

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2009
[citation][nom]masterasia[/nom]Been following this phone for about 2 months now. If only it had a better camera, it would be the boss. But I gotta give it to the HTC ReZound at the moment. Seems like Samsung/Google went backwards on the phone. The Samsung Galaxy S2 is very similar, it's just that it doesn't have 720p resolution. I'm thinking the Tegra 3 phones will be better. Maybe I'll have to wait till Motorola releases a Nexus phone. There's always something wrong with the Nexus phones that make it a deal breaker for me.[/citation]

You must be young. It's ok. More megapixels doesn't necessarily mean a better camera. And you can wait for the tegra 3 if you want, but by the time it comes out there'll be something better on the horizon.

Zuesacoatl

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2008
I bought one early release morning, i love it, though the camera is only a 5mp, it takes excelent photos, and the response of the shutter is amazing. upgraded from a Moto Dx.

zak_mckraken

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2004
[citation][nom]ksharp25[/nom]..So, who's buying one?Not I. Not yet anyway. After the deluge of coverage of the phones less than stellar performance, and major sound bug, and other issues from Europeans that have the phone, I will wait for a few patches/issue resolutions on this device before I throw my $299 on it.[/citation]
I will! The sound bug have been fixed for a while now, and I haven't seen the deluge of bad reviews that you saw. Anyway, no phone is perfect these days. I'm just waiting for it to be available at Videotron in Quebec to get one. Bell and Télus already have it, so I'm guessing it's only a matter of weeks.

And @otacon72 : You're thinking of the iPhone...

Status
Not open for further replies.