The Handspring Visor, Resurrected

Status
Not open for further replies.

getritch

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2010
or you can make a phone that plays movies, sends texts, surfs the web, plays your music and takes pictures....
oh wait...

getritch

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2010
or you can make a phone that plays movies, sends texts, surfs the web, plays your music and takes pictures....
oh wait...

Hiniberus

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2009
Maybe something like LED flash for cameras for phones that don't have one? Screen extension or even Dual screen so it'll be that while you're watching a video on the main screen, the secondary screen can be used to look about on the menu or even with the bottom screen being used as a music player screen so you can just tap for the next song without having to go to the process.

Secondary battery as well comes to mind, if possible that is. There's a lot of opportunity all that needs to be done is to see who would do it. Picture it, if you're going to be on something like a 10 hour drive and you forgot to charge your phone which could soon die. You got not car charger and let's face it you probably wouldn't want to stop on the side of the road at some odd place just to charge your phone. If you could use it as a secondary battery you could have a few more hours of lifetime so then you can charge it when you get to your destination.

That's be pretty funky if you ask me.

wotan31

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2009
So it's like an iphone, except you have to buy all the hardware modules separately, instead of just having them built in. Brilliant. -yawn-

Bad idea unless it's $30 with $10 modules and is marketed to kids as a toy. They like to fiddle with stuff for the sake of fiddling. Why on earth would I carry 3-4 different add-ons when any one of 30 current phones/pda devices have it all built-in? I can see the IT support calls "um.. so I left my -fill in the blank- module in the hotel room, can I get another one".

asiaprime

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2008
I like the concept of modules, but I think I would like it better if it had all-in-1 functionality, just adds the buttons to make everything easier, depending on what your primary focus is. use it as an mp3 player more? attach the mp3 buttons. use the phone more? have the keypad. want better pictures? add a better camera. that would sell it to me a little better. I still might not buy it... but it would definitely catch my eye!

Status
Not open for further replies.