The Motorola Droid 3 Gets Torn Apart

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunflier

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
It's a rite of passage for any new device: Immediately after hitting retail stores (sometimes before), every shiny new toy must take a trip to the iFixit headquarters for a teardown...
What you wanna bet Apple has a slew of lawsuits pending against iFixit.

Dandalf

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2009
[citation][nom]sunflier[/nom]What you wanna bet Apple has a slew of lawsuits pending against iFixit.[/citation]

Yeah Apple really don't want people to look inside their idevice and realize it's actually not filled with magic but is just a PC inside.... and an obsolete one too. Remember when they even invented a new type of screwhead to keep people out!!!

joz

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
[citation][nom]Dandalf[/nom]Yeah Apple really don't want people to look inside their idevice and realize it's actually not filled with magic but is just a PC inside.... and an obsolete one too. Remember when they even invented a new type of screwhead to keep people out!!![/citation]

Yea, I remember using a flathead and a bit of muscle to unscrew those new screws.

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
[citation][nom]rh_dog[/nom]I like seeing iFixit tear downs, but no LTE = fail for Droid 3[/citation]
LTE is not mainstream yet...when the next iPhone gets LTE capabilities then it will be mainstream and more service will be available

jgutz2006

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2009
[citation][nom]joz[/nom]Yea, I remember using a flathead and a bit of muscle to unscrew those new screws.[/citation]

Nintendo threw in a new 3 slotted screw, half way between a flat head and phillips for the Wii, bought one for less than a dollar to make my Wii Mod run a little smoother

Status
Not open for further replies.