The Nvidia Control Panel doesnt have the option to pick a graphics card

wewalkandfart

Commendable
Jun 3, 2016
To start off, I want to say that I am a bit of a noob. So for those that are willing to help, please provide simplistic explanations as it would help me a lot and be appreciated

Basically this is my issue. I cannot select the graphics card in the Nvidia Control panel and none of the posted questions seem to have solutions that I understand... I believe this is the issue that is causing one of my games to crash abruptly.

I would like to know what I could do?

Here is some of my system's information:

System Information
OS Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack 2, DirectX11
System: ASUS Notebook G60Vx Series, Intel Core Duo CPU P7350 @ 2GHz 2GHz
RAM 4.00 GB, 64 bit OS
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260M

I updated the VGA driver off of the ASUS website , so I assume I have the latest version (7.15.11.7988)

Thanks in advance!

Solution
Go to Device Manger, what is listed there under the video cards? In some laptops with a real video card, the onboard video is disabled so you can't pick between that and the nVidia card. Does the nVidia control panel show the nVidia card?
Go to Device Manger, what is listed there under the video cards? In some laptops with a real video card, the onboard video is disabled so you can't pick between that and the nVidia card. Does the nVidia control panel show the nVidia card?

Solution