The Pope Sends Out His First Tweet

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
[citation][nom]Madjimms[/nom]Nope.... You're just not smart enough to figure things out.[/citation]
typical atheist going for petty insults to establish a point

atheism has went from being the voice of reason to being what's cool to do. i swear some of my friends stopped following religion because of something some twit wrote on reddit or some stupid meme.

and apparently now, only idiots believe in religion. is there something wrong with having faith in the supernatural? the correct answer is NO. only when you choose to shove it down people's throats, which is what atheists seem to be doing now.

tokencode

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2010
I think the Pope is a complete waste of good bandwidth. If you can wear a 4 pound gold flavor-flav cross around your neck while speaking to thousands of poor people, your thoughts aren't worth the diskspace their stored in.

bee144

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2009
[citation][nom]JacekRing[/nom]If by positive you mean hiding the rampant corruption within the church? Or hiding pedophile priests, by relocating them to other countries to avoid prosecution (he did this a LOT when he was a bishop)? Which positive message do you think he is spreading right now?btw: I used to be a catholic, but got sick and tired of all the corruption and double talk within the church. Do as I say, not as I do. That is the Catholic moto.[/citation]I will pray for your reconversion. We all know that this is not the true catholic church. We have the example set by Jesus and his followers. It's important not to get confused with who is the true leader of the church. God is. I hope that one day you will return.

jankeke

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2011
[citation][nom]jecastej[/nom]You can't blame God for what men has done with religions. Also science teach you nothing about how to live your life.[/citation]

I would only need a poorly writen book full of contradictions and genocides to tell me how to behave if I was raised by wolves somewhere in the Ukraine.

tiret

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2010
i never realized there were so many god-loving techies. let me give you some free advice then because hopefully as a techie you have an analytical mind. please read your entire bible back to front and come back on this forum. if you can still tell me that that book is the truth then you are an idiot and do not belong on a tech site.

and as for the almost billion catholics out there: i pity you. lets see how supportive you are when your son is being ass-raped.

cheers

demonhorde665

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2008
[citation][nom]aoneone[/nom]When will someone finally tell him that Religion doesn't exist and that Science is the new faith? ^_^[/citation]

i think you need to reword this , as religion DOES exsist , there are countless religion's all over the planet. think what you mean to say is that his religion is horse pah-tooey. but it is a fact that the religion exsist , since about 1 billion people on this planet are part of that belief system.

now off the technical side of things , why is it that so many peopel of science like to think that science some how invalidates god or the possiblity of their being a higher power behind every thing. to say so , is really a-- backwards science , as science works by stating a thoery then trying to disprove that thoery , if soemthing can't be disproven then it stays a relavent thoery, for instance the big bang IS A THEORY not a fact. it's taken as being fact by so many because it has yet to be disproven though don't get confused it is still a theory like most things science hasn't disproven yet. under this same grounds , god and the "supernatural" is also a viable theory because science certainly hasn't disproven it.

demonhorde665

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2008
[citation][nom]eklipz330[/nom]typical atheist going for petty insults to establish a pointatheism has went from being the voice of reason to being what's cool to do. i swear some of my friends stopped following religion because of something some twit wrote on reddit or some stupid meme. and apparently now, only idiots believe in religion. is there something wrong with having faith in the supernatural? the correct answer is NO. only when you choose to shove it down people's throats, which is what atheists seem to be doing now.[/citation]

I agree , seems the atheist are the ones shoving their view down peopel's throats these days. then so are some evangelitical bible camps , but i don't subscribe to either. I am christian of no denomination, i don't go beat the bible over people's head , and quite franlkly i find it disturbing that it seems to be socially acceptible for atheist to beat their souless void crap over other people's head. and their beleif in nothing is really kind of depressing. i like to think when i die there is soemthing to look forward to , heaven , hell , reincarnation , i don't see how atheist are sane with out beliefing in something to go to after death.

tiret

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2010
not too long ago science proved that the universe is expanding from a single point (big bang, inflation, whatever you wanna call it)

the bible says everything was all done with a snap of a finger- you see if the prophets of the day knew anything about how the world actually works they would have written the bible to accommodate that but alas they were a bunch of old storytellers, and Jesus was the local David Blaine.

oh and by the way how was light created first without a sun??? and if there was light without stars then why make stars

all you atheist haters have no idea how hard it is to choose this belief
do you think its easy believing that you won't see your wife or kids after you die?being an atheist teaches you to make the most of your life because there are no second chances and there's no God to give all your problems to.

sorry i get very annoyed seeing this sh*t on a tech site. i know what they are trying to do and it makes me sick

Status
Not open for further replies.