The REAL reason you don't see reviews of notebooks...

killernotebooks

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2006
So I was trying to get someone... anyone to review my notebooks. I didn't think this would be too hard. You know. send someone a $3,000 notebook to beat on for a while.

99% of the people wouldn't answer back, I did get one answer back though. The trick is to ask about ADVERTISING first.

This may be of interest to the people who wanted to see an unbiased review of K/N, or your favorite brand. It is excerpts taken from a series of emails back and forth between myself and a "legitamate" notebook site.

Corporate Man: We can put a logo up top that says "This section sponsored by Killer Notebooks". Plus the text link I mentioned, plus some banner ads if that's of interest.

Killer Notebooks: Ok, I am potentially interested in that.
What is the URL of that forum, what kind of traffic are you getting and what is the cost?

Corporate Man: Our forums arent that popular but our site is and any text links will do pretty well.

Killer Notebooks: What would you say to a review?

Corporate Man: Are you going to advertise with us? :)

Is it any wonder that a DILL or an Alienfairy system would score so well against an IDENTICAL system from another boutique company like mine?

By the way, the cost of said review "advertising" $2,500 - $5,000 with a 12 month contract. If I had an extra $5,000 a month to just blow I wouldn't need advertising at all.

skorpios

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2006
So I was trying to get someone... anyone to review my notebooks. I didn't think this would be too hard. You know. send someone a $3,000 notebook to beat on for a while.

well, okay, i'll take one... :D

newage

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2006
ye of course u can, though let see including shipping cost it will be way over my budget so yepx@ unless u provide me with free shipping HAHA!

newage

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2006
my budget is looking at 1200-1600 but USD1700 max i actually was looking at interceptor...can't expect much, i am a student@

Gworg

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2006
I'm currently working on a writeup on KN, but in short I will say this:

I bought a K.N notebook (wakzaichi) with the standard setup plus DVD burner.

It does my work quickly and quietly

It plays my toys (WoW, BF2, HL) beautifully

I am enjoying it immensely, the quality of the system is good, and K.N has responded to any support issues quickly.

He is an excellent purchase for the money.

--G

killernotebooks

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2006
This is completely NOT a slam on you.

Your site is not very professional looking. I am not trying to put you down, but it is questionable to a person that goes there because it looks like a Front Page template or something. I don't think this is the type of review that the people are looking for. I think they want a Toms Hardware, Mobility Guru, Cnet, etc.

The review I read lacked substance. With the benachmarks use screen shots and comparisons.

Ice-Tea

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2006
It was mostly in jest.

The main purpose of the site is not to review but to inform about MXM. The review is set up to be featured on notebookreview. com, so there are no comparisons there because they select them from their other reviews.

Oh, and it's a Dreamweaver template, not a Frontpage template. :lol: