There was a problem communicating with google servers, Try Again Later

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rainzord

Estimable
Aug 18, 2014
Hello there!

I have bought 2 new 4k Smart T.V. from an unknown brand, which has Android 4.4.2 on it.

On one of the T.V.s, I could access the Play Store - simply logging in with an existing account with no problem.

On the other, second t.v. - I keep getting this error message when trying to log in to an existing account - or even when creating a new account:

"There was a problem communicating with google servers, try again later". This happens after inputing the username and password, what seems to be during the authentication process.

No matter what I have done, I keep getting this message.

Things to consider that didn't help / work:
1) I am connecting to the internet through WiFi with full signal (of my landline connection).
2) I tried to connect it with a cable to my phone (for the Mobile connection, to mix things up).
3) I have tried to Factory reset the TV.
4) I have tried to Clear Data and Cache of my Play Store app.
5) I have tried downloading and installing the latest version of Google Play Store and Google Play Services on my T.V. via APKMirror (the browser and internet otherwise works well).
6) I can normally use the internet for other apps - i.e. the built in browser (thats how I downloaded the newest versions).
7) My time setting are set on automatic - and they are updated to reflect real life time.

I literally have no idea what else to do. I spent hours trying to fix this annoying thing. This forum is my last hope before I am going to try and replace this T.V. with another one which is a hassle.

Please HALP!

Solution
OMFG!

After HOURS of SO MANY attempts to fix it, I have finally found out that the TV came with the wrong Google Play Services installed. When I installed the correct version, FINALLY a message popped up when I opened my Gmail (which I downloaded as an APK) saying I had an UNCERTIFIED DEVICE.

I followed the steps in this guide to whitelist my device.
https://www.xda-developers.com/how-to-fix-device-not-certified-by-google-error/

And it worked!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can not stress how much time I wasted trying to fix this problem. Updated firmwares, softwares, hardwares, wiping restoring,[removed]

Posting it here so other people might see this and solve their problem.

Rainzord

Estimable
Aug 18, 2014
OMFG!

After HOURS of SO MANY attempts to fix it, I have finally found out that the TV came with the wrong Google Play Services installed. When I installed the correct version, FINALLY a message popped up when I opened my Gmail (which I downloaded as an APK) saying I had an UNCERTIFIED DEVICE.

I followed the steps in this guide to whitelist my device.
https://www.xda-developers.com/how-to-fix-device-not-certified-by-google-error/

And it worked!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can not stress how much time I wasted trying to fix this problem. Updated firmwares, softwares, hardwares, wiping restoring,[removed]

Posting it here so other people might see this and solve their problem.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.