There was a problem communicating with google servers, Try Again Later

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rainzord

Estimable
Aug 18, 2014
Hello there!

I have bought 2 new 4k Smart T.V. from an unknown brand, which has Android 4.4.2 on it.

On one of the T.V.s, I could access the Play Store - simply logging in with an existing account with no problem.

On the other, second t.v. - I keep getting this error message when trying to log in to an existing account - or even when creating a new account:

"There was a problem communicating with google servers, try again later". This happens after inputing the username and password, what seems to be during the authentication process.

No matter what I have done, I keep getting this message.

Things to consider that didn't help / work:
1) I am connecting to the internet through WiFi with full signal (of my landline connection).
2) I tried to connect it with a cable to my phone (for the Mobile connection, to mix things up).
3) I have tried to Factory reset the TV.
4) I have tried to Clear Data and Cache of my Play Store app.
5) I have tried downloading and installing the latest version of Google Play Store and Google Play Services on my T.V. via APKMirror (the browser and internet otherwise works well).
6) I can normally use the internet for other apps - i.e. the built in browser (thats how I downloaded the newest versions).
7) My time setting are set on automatic - and they are updated to reflect real life time.

I literally have no idea what else to do. I spent hours trying to fix this annoying thing. This forum is my last hope before I am going to try and replace this T.V. with another one which is a hassle.

Please HALP!

Rainzord

Estimable
Aug 18, 2014
OMFG!

After HOURS of SO MANY attempts to fix it, I have finally found out that the TV came with the wrong Google Play Services installed. When I installed the correct version, FINALLY a message popped up when I opened my Gmail (which I downloaded as an APK) saying I had an UNCERTIFIED DEVICE.

I followed the steps in this guide to whitelist my device.
https://www.xda-developers.com/how-to-fix-device-not-certified-by-google-error/

And it worked!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can not stress how much time I wasted trying to fix this problem. Updated firmwares, softwares, hardwares, wiping restoring,[removed]

Posting it here so other people might see this and solve their problem.

Rainzord

Estimable
Aug 18, 2014
OMFG!

After HOURS of SO MANY attempts to fix it, I have finally found out that the TV came with the wrong Google Play Services installed. When I installed the correct version, FINALLY a message popped up when I opened my Gmail (which I downloaded as an APK) saying I had an UNCERTIFIED DEVICE.

I followed the steps in this guide to whitelist my device.
https://www.xda-developers.com/how-to-fix-device-not-certified-by-google-error/

And it worked!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can not stress how much time I wasted trying to fix this problem. Updated firmwares, softwares, hardwares, wiping restoring,[removed]

Posting it here so other people might see this and solve their problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Grace Ob Apps General Discussion 0
botguy Apps General Discussion 2
P Apps General Discussion 0
Z Apps General Discussion 0
M Apps General Discussion 0
W Apps General Discussion 2
B Apps General Discussion 0
paymanz Apps General Discussion 0
R Apps General Discussion 3