Thermals ok for a asus g750jm with 860m?

Dblkk

Honorable
Oct 30, 2013
But when editing videos, my cpu core/package temps get to mid to high 80's. Fan noise is also pretty loud, fans at 80%. So I downloaded intel burn test, and in less than 10 seconds my temps are and stay around 101 degrees. This is all celcius, or around 200 degrees farenheight. Fans are at 100%. Then I try and record/monitor temps while just gaming. Gpu gets and stays between 60-65 degrees, cpu stays around 75-80 (gaming, 85-90 is now normal for video editing). But even gaming, fan noise isn't quiet to say the least. I've read a lot of reviews on your rog forum, and most say that fan noise is minimal, even while gaming. Which is such a great thing about the asus. But fan noise is actually louder than in my previous Samsung ativ book 8.

I posted this on the rog forum, and someone suggested I download intel extreme overclocking utility, and run the stess test on there. They showed pictures of their g750 laptop running it, temps staying around mid 80's after 5 min. I ran mine, and temps before even a minuete was done were bouncing between 90-100. Same after 5 min run, temps were still bouncing between 95-102.

Is this something I should take back to best buy and exchange it. Since im less than a week into ownership and would rather not deal with rma this early.

If I do exchange is, is there a way to just put my ssd into the new one and change windows liceanse code or something, or do I have to reclone the drive off the new hhd?

Dblkk

Honorable
Oct 30, 2013
Plus, it seems chrome doesn't like this laptop at all. 4 chrome tabs open, uses 20-30% cpu and brings temps up to 70c just those open. Is this a laptop problem or some kind of setting problem?