Think the 3DS is Expensive? Blame E3 Attendees

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

feeddagoat

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2010
how much am I willing to pay......nothing!! I got a DS over a year a go to play Final Fantasy and a few other random games when travelling into uni and after a couple of months I stopped and haven't touched it since! Same thing happened with my PSP. There's nothing out there that I would regard as "must have" over anything I want on PC or Console and hand helds leave me feeling disappointed at paying full price for graphically and longativity inferior games. Mario's great, been part of the family since 1985 and hasn't changed one bit! After mario what else is there on DS?

fjiekie

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2009
[citation][nom]samdsox[/nom]Everyone is saying that 200 dollars is the max. But a 64 gigabyte ipod touch which isn't even 3d is 400 dollars. plus the fact it isn't as good at gaming. However i am not saying they are alike too much, but they are fighting for the same market therefore shouldn't there prices be competitive? right now the 3ds is actually lower in price.(not including 8 gig)[/citation]

apple is too expensive too...

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]slofat1[/nom]what are they smoking. Don't they know half the folks are out of work or trying to make their mortgage payments, this is the great depression part II. 300 bucks, my god. you could buy 30-50 brand new books on amazon.[/citation] the great depression, i think not. and people trying to pay there mortgages, they did it to themselves with adjustable rate, not fixed rates.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]shihabyooo[/nom]300$ ? Why ? Does it play it self ?Even if it has 3D capabilities. 300$ is just too much. You can get a PS3 -Which has 3D too, Glasses required though. No games released yet for it - and still have some cash left :S . If they kept that price tag. They won't sell much. If it wasn't for Nintendo's die hard fans.[/citation]

you forget the tv required which is 1500$ minimum at special discount prices, otherwise 2200$up for the 3d on consoles.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]ivanlucrazy[/nom]Am I missing something here? It really does surprise me that some people can become so fanatically attached to something! Unless, of course you are quite wealthy, then I understand.[/citation]

i happen to like every single game they have on there list and the fact that the best seam to be in there launch window. and to be clear, it took them a few years to get me to buy a ds.

Kahless01

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2009
nintendo swore a long time ago that it would never charge more than 250$ for anything. and it has actually lived up to that until now. they dropped the ball on this one. way too damn much money for a handheld. who do they think they are, sont?

todd_dfw

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
I bought my wife a 15", 2GB, 3ghz laptop with a numpad for $299. To use for email, word, and surfing.

Want to ask a kid if they want the latest DS or laptop for the same price?

zak_mckraken

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2004
I'm not a huge fan of portable gaming, so to me, to be profitable, it would have to be in the $150-200 range. Since it will never be the case, I probably won't buy one.

slabbo

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2009
People have to remember everything is more expensive in Japan. From a price perspective, it's like an American tourist going to Vietnam, they are going to tell you that every thing there is sooo cheap and they can stretch a dollar a long ways. Well, Japanese people say the same about America. but when an American goes there, they are like, damn everything is so expensive.

I know the 3DS can do 3D movies too, but how are they gonna deliver the content? Are they gonna sell SD cards with the movies on them? I hope it's not download only, unless they can magically get the files pretty small (under 100MB). I don't want streaming ONLY either, but as an additional option, like if you buy it (movie) they still give you the "hard" copy, but also allow you to access it on their streaming network, if they do something like that.

sviola

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2006
[citation][nom]dragon5677[/nom]wouldnt i get a ps3 in the same price?? why would i buy a 3ds[/citation]

Well, basically because you cannot carry a PS3+HDTV around to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.