Think the 3DS is Expensive? Blame E3 Attendees

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Avariche

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2006
If it is more than 229, I'm a no go. I can get a PS3 for the same price. Consoles are not where it is competing. Granted, people will pay tons for an iBrick. I paid for my iPhone more than I wanted, and rest assured, the new wore off, and I got a much better phone for the money.

Avariche

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2006
Update: Yes I know that I can't carry a PS3 around, but I can sure as hell enjoy it more at home. I have an original DS. If it is in console price range, I'm buying a console instead.

whooleo

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2010
Not interested when I heard about it and now I certainly don't like it WAY!!! too much for any handheld especially considering it's hardware is old and crappy regardless if it has 3D. 3D for a handheld doesn't appeal to me really, but for a PC and console yes. But it will still sell like crack because the average consumer does not have a very good perception of value, but smart business move for Nintendo (not being sarcastic).

Darkv1

Distinguished
May 30, 2009
A launch price of $250 seem reasonable. IIRC that's what the PSP launched at in the US so that price kind of seems to be the new portable gaming norm...

rags_20

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2008
That makes no sense. Increased positive response suggests more customers which means a lower price can be compensated by the no. of units sold. Instead they increase the price?

G

$300 gives me a netbook that is able to play GBA files emulated.
I hope soon they will release 3D netbooks too!

G

i can get an xbox360 plus 4 games and still pay less than $300. I have to admit i am excited about the 3ds but nintendo is making to big of a leap. Also alot of the ds buyers are little kis begging their parents to get their hands on it and now they will get litle to no sells from kids under 14, this will impact them hugely.

Status
Not open for further replies.