Solved! ThinkPad E590 games unplayable. *SOLVED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 12, 2020
Hello, I'm sorry this had to be there at least milion times, but I'm truly desperate. I bought ThinkPad E590 i7, 8th Gen, RX 550 2GB 16GB RAM. I dont know where is a problem, but when I start any game after couple of minutes it start lagging as hell. Even games like Dota 2 or Skyrim sometimes! During last Dota 2 training offline match i left running
Open Hardware Monitor, but I have no idea what should I be looking for. Can somebody please take a look and help me out? I dont know if is it cpu or gpu or what.

Thank you very match!

I'm sorry for my written English I know i'ts horrible.

https://easyupload.io/4g9iaa

EDIT: I just found out that if Im playing so after that lagg gpu power consumption fall from 25W to 7W. And gpu usage from 100% to 0%.

Last edited:
Solution
We don't download anything to view on this site. So you would have to include the info in your post.

You say you just bought it. Is it new or used? If new, then I suggest taking it back and getting a device with better specs. If used, well it really depends on if they will allow you to return it or not.
We don't download anything to view on this site. So you would have to include the info in your post.

You say you just bought it. Is it new or used? If new, then I suggest taking it back and getting a device with better specs. If used, well it really depends on if they will allow you to return it or not.

Solution
Feb 12, 2020

Ok Thanks good to know. I just found out that if Im playing so after that lagg gpu power consumption fall from 25W to 7W. And gpu usage from 100% to 0%.
I cant afford wait one month to get it back I need it for work.

If is really new, like only a few weeks, you shouldn't have to wait on anything. Just go back to the place of purchase and get a different one. Unless, of course, done online. But even then shouldn't take that long to get.

The only thing I can suggest in the mean time is to not play any games that the requirements are at or above what your laptop has. There is only so much you can do when the device doesn't have what is needed for certain things. Hence suggesting you return it and get one with better specs.

Feb 12, 2020
If is really new, like only a few weeks, you shouldn't have to wait on anything. Just go back to the place of purchase and get a different one. Unless, of course, done online. But even then shouldn't take that long to get.

The only thing I can suggest in the mean time is to not play any games that the requirements are at or above what your laptop has. There is only so much you can do when the device doesn't have what is needed for certain things. Hence suggesting you return it and get one with better specs.
I just found out Its doing only if temp hits 80°C. If Im playing only on battery with cable unconnected temp is by 15°C lower.

That is really odd for a new device. It should not be getting that high that quickly. Sounds like something isn't working correctly. Fan, bad parts, bad thermal paste, but a new device shouldn't do that.

I stick with what I said before about returning it and getting a better device. Otherwise, if it is doing this now, when new, it will be a nightmare later.

Feb 12, 2020
That is really odd for a new device. It should not be getting that high that quickly. Sounds like something isn't working correctly. Fan, bad parts, bad thermal paste, but a new device shouldn't do that.

I stick with what I said before about returning it and getting a better device. Otherwise, if it is doing this now, when new, it will be a nightmare later.
So I was through Lenovo forums for couple of hours and its look like all Edge Thinkpads are just poorly cooled. Some guys wrote there that buying a coolpad solved there problem. So I guesss that's it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sadly that does happen. Devices are being made thinner and thinner and they just can't take the heat (not to mention some cheaper parts). It is why I always suggest someone really do their research, not just on what they want but also what they don't want, when looking into a new device.

Sep 12, 2020
Hello, I'm sorry this had to be there at least milion times, but I'm truly desperate. I bought ThinkPad E590 i7, 8th Gen, RX 550 2GB 16GB RAM. I dont know where is a problem, but when I start any game after couple of minutes it start lagging as hell. Even games like Dota 2 or Skyrim sometimes! During last Dota 2 training offline match i left running
Open Hardware Monitor, but I have no idea what should I be looking for. Can somebody please take a look and help me out? I dont know if is it cpu or gpu or what.

Thank you very match!

I'm sorry for my written English I know i'ts horrible.

https://easyupload.io/4g9iaa

EDIT: I just found out that if Im playing so after that lagg gpu power consumption fall from 25W to 7W. And gpu usage from 100% to 0%.

I also had this issue and only yesterday I found a solution here: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkP...er-inconsistent-after-reboot-Bug/td-p/4571503 It seems to work.

"The workaround is to move the slider to the middle position, and then back to Best Performance. As soon as I do that, both problems are gone and performance is normal. CPU can utilize 25W after that and GPU stress doesn't make CPU throttle down to 200MHz. Until reboot or power-off and power-on, which is when the same issue comes back. "

Before this I was only able to play Worms Armageddon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.