Status
Not open for further replies.

Vicky0712

Great
Apr 17, 2020
Hello there. I have a legion Y520. My laptop performs awesome in the day to day tasks, but when I start the game, the game started lagging. As soon as I open any games. I could feel the frames is been dropped. I tried playing the games in really low graphics, it was just the same. but the games are loading perfectly , its when I start to play. Its really troubling

I took it to the service center, they wanted to check the laptop and graphics card, and they are saying if there is any problem with the GPU, They will change the entire set which would cost 20k (processor and GPU together).

Is there is any suggestion that I can do? I just don't want to spend too much on the laptop because everything works super fine expect the games!! Help me out please

Vicky0712

Great
Apr 17, 2020
I have checked, the GPU is only being used. Actually I had a small accident a few days before, Before the accident everything was working fine, but right after the accident, I started to face these problems. There is no breakage or any damage to the laptop outside. It just lags when I start to play games

COLGeek

Cybernaut
I have checked, the GPU is only being used. Actually I had a small accident a few days before, Before the accident everything was working fine, but right after the accident, I started to face these problems. There is no breakage or any damage to the laptop outside. It just lags when I start to play games
Accident? Like you dropped the laptop? Your system has two GPUs, which do you mean?

Vicky0712

Great
Apr 17, 2020
I had an accident when I was riding my bike. After that accident, everything looked the same except the games started to lag I have checked that I'm using GTX 1050ti . and Not using the onboard GPU

Vicky0712

Great
Apr 17, 2020
when I'm starting the windows the heat is not that much, but I could feel the heat which is kinda unusual(slightly hotter if I compare before and after the accident ) after I use it for some time.

Vicky0712

Great
Apr 17, 2020
If its s GPU prob in my laptop , Do I need to change the entire board ??
If I have to change the entire board. Is it possible for me to upgrade into a new graphic card such as the next models of 1050ti or anything better? I may sound crazy

Vicky0712

Great
Apr 17, 2020
Only the games in my laptop lag meaning the frame rate is really low. Everything works super fine except when I start playing games. I have updated all the drivers and other things.
When I took it to the laptop service. They mentioned that they need to change the entire motherboard if there is a problem with the graphic card.

Is that true !?? Do I need to change the entire motherboard if there is a problem in the graphic card?? We won't be able to change or repair the graphic card separately? He says that everything is integrated here, so if there is a problem in the graphic card we have to change the entire set which may cost around 20k.

Please guide me through this, What can I do to recover the graphic card to the normal state, because it never lagged this much before everything was just so smooth all these days.
If I need to change the motherboard(GTX 1050ti 4gb RAM), Is it possible for me to upgrade my motherboard which has 1060 graphics ??

Please help me out and give me a suggestion on what I can possibly do ??
  1. Sell this laptop and Get a new Laptop
  2. Get a new entire motherboard with 1050ti
  3. Get an upgraded motherboard with 1060
  4. If there is another alternate way to solve the issue please let me know

Vicky0712

Great
Apr 17, 2020
Do you know anything about the graphic card integration with the motherboard ?? Whether we can try and fix the graphic card if it has any problem or We need to change the entire motherboard ??

I know that instead of changing the entire motherboard I can get a new laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.