Thinkpad T460P - Screen flickers/pulses on AC power

jjb7286

Prominent
Jan 25, 2018
Hello,

I have a Lenovo Thinkpad T460P that will no longer recognize the AC adapter after hooking up to a docking station when on low battery. While on the docking station an error message popped up saying the AC adapter was unknown. I shut the unit down, undocked, and plugged the AC adapter into the computer, and ever since I get a message saying "Unknown accessory is connected the system" and the computer will only boot on battery, not on AC power. I've tried multiple lenovo chargers and multiple batteries, unplugging the battery and adapter and holding down the power button, unplugging the cmos, updating the intel and nvidia drivers...nothing works. Further, if you plug in the AC adapter after booting up on battery power, the screen starts to flicker, and the battery status is plugged in - not charging. Additionally, when powering off, the power button light stays on until the battery is removed. If anyone has any suggestions I'd appreciate it, thank you!

jjb7286

Prominent
Jan 25, 2018

- Thanks for the quick respone, Lutfij! It looks like the most recent BIOS (2.20) is installed. I tried a windows 10 repair install and that didn't work either...