This has been the worst console generation ever, but these 7 PS5 games have (almost) saved it

guraldunix

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2013
I agree the market is oversaturated with remakes, many of which are barely an improvement on the game they're remaking.

Nevertheless, the focus on console exclusives is disheartening. Console exclusives are one of the most toxic influences on the game industry and market for video games as a whole. They're inefficient economic silos intended to encourage lock-in to an ecosystem antithetical to consumer interest. They provide no benefit to consumers and create an us vs them mentality in terms of hardware, against all reason.

Aside from always online games with an implicit expiration date, console exclusives are the most hostile anti-consumer thing about videogames today.

May 4, 2024
I agree the market is oversaturated with remakes, many of which are barely an improvement on the game they're remaking.

Nevertheless, the focus on console exclusives is disheartening. Console exclusives are one of the most toxic influences on the game industry and market for video games as a whole. They're inefficient economic silos intended to encourage lock-in to an ecosystem antithetical to consumer interest. They provide no benefit to consumers and create an us vs them mentality in terms of hardware, against all reason.

Aside from always online games with an implicit expiration date, console exclusives are the most hostile anti-consumer thing about videogames today.
I envy your youth. No, really, i do.

I'm old. So I'm already used to the idea that mario is on nintendo and sonic is on sega, while sony has crash bandicoot. iMessage is on iphone, while Android folks brags about their latest snapdragon which plays games. Avengers are on Disney+, The boys is on Prime, and everything else are on Netflix.

I mean i went to five guys to get a burger, but i like McDonald's fries too much. And say what you want about them, but KFC still makes the best chicken. I'm spending my hard earned money on multiple companies, playing right into the capitalism trap. I bought every consoles and keep my mouth shut.

Please never let it go. Stick to your guns. Fight for consumer's rights. Don't end up like me.

guraldunix

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2013
I envy your youth. No, really, i do.

I'm old. So I'm already used to the idea that mario is on nintendo and sonic is on sega, while sony has crash bandicoot. iMessage is on iphone, while Android folks brags about their latest snapdragon which plays games. Avengers are on Disney+, The boys is on Prime, and everything else are on Netflix.

I mean i went to five guys to get a burger, but i like McDonald's fries too much. And say what you want about them, but KFC still makes the best chicken. I'm spending my hard earned money on multiple companies, playing right into the capitalism trap. I bought every consoles and keep my mouth shut.

Please never let it go. Stick to your guns. Fight for consumer's rights. Don't end up like me.
I'm not sure how old you are, but I'm likely older.

TRENDING THREADS