This is the First Reveal for Modern Warfare 3

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

virtualban

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2007
Toms, word of advice: do not let accounts like xcvnui here post 10-15 posts within minutes. Make new accounts earn their right to post often, by being good posters. And still, your readers will understand if they are given a limitation of let's say 1 post each 5 minutes, maybe with a small "stash" of posts to spare for good behaviour. So that this xcvnui can't post 15 spams on 15 different articles all at once, under any circumstance, even if appearing human.
When I get such bunch of notifications on my e-mail for posts on the threads I am monitoring, I go like: oh, it's that time of the day again. chinese bots, even if human due to cheap labour, are spamming Tom's again.
Thank you.

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
Well, it better have good graphics... but honestly, MW1 and MW2 were damn fun gameplay-wise even with their semi-outdated graphics, so I'll get MW3 even if it's a console port. Though, honestly, seeing CoD games using these obsolete graphics is kind of sad as compared to other modern FPS...

virtualban

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2007
[citation][nom]virtualban[/nom]Toms, word of advice: do not let accounts like xcvnui here post 10-15 posts within minutes. Make new accounts earn their right to post often, by being good posters. And still, your readers will understand if they are given a limitation of let's say 1 post each 5 minutes, maybe with a small "stash" of posts to spare for good behaviour. So that this xcvnui can't post 15 spams on 15 different articles all at once, under any circumstance, even if appearing human.When I get such bunch of notifications on my e-mail for posts on the threads I am monitoring, I go like: oh, it's that time of the day again. chinese bots, even if human due to cheap labour, are spamming Tom's again.Thank you.[/citation]
Also, if my idea (expressed here: http://feedbacks.tomshardware.com/forums/14581-site-forum-ideas/suggestions/1687631-readers-helping-fighting-spam ) gets implemented, I could be like: "yay, it's that time of the day again", and "it's time to kick asspam and chew bubblegum"

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
[citation][nom]kashifme21[/nom]20million console gamers only hahaa they will buy whatever crap comes their way, specially crap labeled cod.[/citation]
you play games like this on a console...have you tried using a mouse and keyboard...much easier to control....not to mention better graphics :)....phuck consoles

dalta centauri

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2010
[citation][nom]Trialsking[/nom]I doubt it, looks like console fodder for sure. BF3 will pwn this graphically. The only this has going for it are the console fanboys.(which is great for them to make $$), poor for PC gamers as they is nothing ground breaking in this one. Meh, I will pass on this $60 console port. Wake me when it his $5 on steam[/citation]
Which would come as a surprise if it even hits under 45$ within the next 2 years.

cknobman

Distinguished
May 2, 2006
And to think of the millions upon millions of brainwashed suckers that will line up the first day to hand over their money like zombies.

LMAO what chumps. Im going to pass on the kiddie COD rehash and spend my money on BF3!!!!!!!!!!!

restatement3dofted

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2010
[citation][nom]makaveli316[/nom]I'll definitely copy that game. PC developers won't see a $ by me no more, never again. Too tired of console ports....[/citation]

Womp womp.

nisallik

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2008
I might be incorrect but didn't the Infinity Ward members that left, took the name Modern Warfare with them?

Or is that one of the issues they are fighting in court? Could they theoretically spite Activision and make a Modern Warfare 4? ;p

feroxus

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2008
Looks good to me I skipped Black Ops but this one should be entertaining. Pretty sure it was revealed during the NBA conference finals not NHL since ESPN doesn't show Hockey.

giovanni86

Distinguished
May 10, 2007
I loved all the CoD games. They brought something different, and for anyone bashing treyarch they have come a long way from sucking and have definitely made a name for themselves as a developer. Black Ops had a very unique story of its own and i believe that Black Ops was one of thee best treyarch games, i even enjoyed there world at war. I am kind of sad that the story from IW never got to be completed considering most of the IW team is now gone especially those that had a great impact on it which is why we now have MW3 WW3.. I'm not going to be doing any such thing as totally thumbing down this game, i rather see what kind of story will unfold with it before i judge it harshly. Its too soon to say this will be complete utter shit, trailer looks interesting but its too soon to say how good it will be. For the most part for me i rather wait for more trailers and information to leak out about it before anything, maybe its not a reserved game but i will let time pass before i make that purchase, especially let reviews hit before a day one purchase.

Status
Not open for further replies.