News This is the most surprising OLED TV I tested in 2023 — and it got a perfect score

systemBuilder_49

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2010
The Samsung S95C OLED TV was the TV that surprised me most out of all the ones we tested in 2023. Here's why.

This is the most surprising OLED TV I tested in 2023 — and it got a perfect score : Read more
I have seen the S95B in stores and it looks just amazing, the high-color gamut plus amazing black levels really impressed me, the S95C is a small improvement on that! However, there are downsides if you aren't watching a movie - text does not fare very well on the triangular pixel layout of the S95B, with lots of purple fringing or other artifacts from the Samsung Display.

LG continues to hate on Quantum dots and staunchly refuses to EVER use them in ANY of their TV's !!

Instead, LG has released the G3 MLA (released March 2023) which has a special honeycomb filter (hundreds of dots per pixel) which redirects internally wasted light from the organic matrix outwards from the display, creating a similarly HUGE increase in brightness without quantum dots (https://reviewed.usatoday.com/televisions/content/lg-g3-oled-tv-review). Also, because it's OLED-WRGB, there is a theory that the LG TV may have less of a burn-in problem than a samsung TV because it has the 4th white pixels. Both of these ideas should reduce burn-in. I hope to compare both of these TVs very soon in a viewing room !!

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS